The future of Windows phone, from an employee

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly as long as pieces and other buzzword-checkbox-ticking statements like this are created and nothing actually appears to change for the better I'm not buying it. It's a nice gesture though, writing all that up.

Should've said they were "doubling down" on Windows Phone.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Haven't we heard the same tale before, like, three or four times?
What is different this time?
Sorry, I would REALLY love to take it seriously, as I do like Windows in general, but we've been there and done that and been fooled by them before.

Sorry.
Only buying it (both the story and the product) when I see it this time.
Maybe.

LyricalNonsense

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Maybe in a few months or years, other OS's will start copying ideas from Windows phones. I wait for those days.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Haven't we heard the same tale before, like, three or four times?
What is different this time?
Sorry, I would REALLY love to take it seriously, as I do like Windows in general, but we've been there and done that and been fooled by them before.

Sorry.
Only buying it (both the story and the product) when I see it this time.
Maybe.

Agreed.
I am not so sure of this entire, "I'm a Microsoft employee" bit myself. Not that the cat might not be an employee. But that he's got some inside track of what MS plans are for phones or anything else for that matter. What he's written could have been gathered from any number of blogs, tweets and official press releases spliced together for mouse clicks.

Don't get me wrong, I hope MS hasn't given up on its phone ambitions but at the same time, I've never seen a race run where others in the race leave at the firing of the gun, and you are at a sporting goods store trying on track shoes. I don't think anyone knows what Nadella is up to or what phone he will deliver that he believes is what the market wants. He has done well with the cloud but we have not yet seen his imprint where phones are concerned. Windows phone that is. Lets hope he is just as passionate on this. Time will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon