Is the Windows phone fan community imploding?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
windows-10-devices-event%20panos%20panay.jpg

The Windows phone community may be the most passionate group of smartphone fans on the internet.
Sadly, it seems that many, not all, of those fans, are also becoming the most jaded, cynical, aggressive and downright cruel group of anti-fans on the web. What happened to that jovial bunch of loyalists that began embracing Windows Phone 7, Microsoft's unique mobile OS, back in 2010?
[h=2]Paradise lost[/h]Many unique features of Windows Phone 7 seduced fans to embrace Microsoft's refreshed mobile OS seven years ago. As a reboot of Microsoft's mobile efforts, the Windows Phone OS was touted by Microsoft and fans as beautiful, fluid, light and buttery smooth.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Generally it's easy being mean behind a screen and keyboard. It's not limited to windows phone fans. Of course it doesn't help that we haven't really had good news to rally around lately.

Everywhere online, a lot of people find comfort in the misfortune of others and it's very easy to obtain this. Life is difficult for 99% maybe 99.9% of us right? So it's a lot of people that are not content coupled with it being easy to spread hate and discontent online without having to answer for it, kinda brings an instant gratification, likely "winnable" feel good event.

That's just the way I see it, blame the politicians lol, cause that's how they communicate to us, constant attack ads :)

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
It was very similar over in the CrackBerry forums to when people found out that BB10 was on life support. People are passionate about these products (which is a good thing) but sometimes they go a little overboard on this. We just need to redirect our energy into positive things to help the community. Easy enough? Right? Ha ha.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess this must all be going over my head then. Frustration? Absolutely. Disappointment? You bet. Baffled and enraged over everything MS does or doesn't do? Of course!

However, I can't say I've noticed any more meanness or trolling between fans than I have at any other time. Unless your name is Nadella or you're a PM for W10M, I'd say we're seeing more agreement and less nastinesses than ever before. Am I so incredibly wrong? I might be. What do you think?

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@a5cent yea maybe same level of meanness, less positive energy to balance it out :) I dunno, I tend to skip reading the venting, frustration fueled rants. Oh and goodbye essays, so much it's all about me!... most though are just losing interest and not visiting as much if at all anymore. WC would know their visit stats I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss