Microsoft is bringing its Windows phone keyboard to Windows 10 PCs and tablets

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're a fan of wordflow swipe typing on Windows phone, and wish it was on PC and tablets too, we've got some good news for you.
Build 16212 for Windows 10 PC includes a few interesting internal tidbits that Microsoft appears to be working on. One such thing is a new virtual keyboard, that according to @h0x0d on Twitter, is based on Microsoft's own Swiftkey technology. The new keyboard is part of CShell, and will be available on PC and phones when ready.
windows-10-phone-keyboard-hero.jpg

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
About time!! :D Been waiting for this for quite a while. Can imagine Microsoft word documents, emails etc being typed faster while on tablet mode.

Does the autocorrect function appear with this build too?

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it's long overdue.

However, I have a surface with a type cover, and one of the annoyances is that when I use apps like Facebook Messenger, I have to go to the on screen keyboard to get emoji. It would be really good if they offered two styles of wordflow keyboard. One where you have the full experience on screen, which is what is probably planned, then another where the keys are cut out so that you can type using the physical keyboard, but still get the additional functions of things such as emoji, predictive text and any special buttons.

I imagine this would be a single strip instead. This is actually where that macbook strip would be really great actually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa