Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) vs. Apple iPad Pro (2017): Comparing specs, OS, form factor and more

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-pro-4.jpg

The new Surface Pro has been announced, and it's a sleek and sexy hybrid that appears to bring together everything Microsoft has learned about its pioneering form factor.
In the marketing materials, Microsoft was keen to compare the Surface Pro (2017) to both the MacBook and the iPad Pro, Apple's take on the tablet-laptop hybrid. Coincidentally, Apple just announced updated iPad Pros at its WWDC 2017 event yesterday.
Microsoft placed a lot of emphasis on inking with the new Surface Pro, touting custom silicon to reduce the latency between the pen and the display, and new tilt support for the latest version of the Surface Pen.
Updated June 6, 2017: We updated this article to reflect the latest specs found in Apple's new iPad Pro.

We compared the Surface Pro 4 to the iPad Pro in the past, and as you might expect, it's hardly any contest. However, Apple won piles of praise for the inking experience with its "Apple Pencil," at least when you disregard its silly charging solution.
We already determined that the Surface Pro 4 is superior to the iPad Pro in a previous comparison, and despite the latest iPad Pro Apple recently debuted for 2017, the Surface Pro's Kaby Lake processors, new Surface Pen, and new digitizer staves off any competition from Apple's Surface-clone.
If you're looking for a side-by-side comparison, look no further.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I hope that Microsoft doesn't start to downplay the importance of the Camera (both on the Surface Pro, and any new phone/mobile device), the specs of the ipad for their camera is impressive (they have their eye on the ball). I realize that it can be said that why would you want to wave around such a big device to take a picture? Well, I can say that I have done it many, many times...if I am at a convention and taking notes in OneNote, while I have my Surface Pro in hand, decide to snap a picture of the item in question, I 'JUST' want to point and shoot, AND have a GREAT picture result, not look for another device. The camera is a KEY factor in any future device decisions, for me at least.

Don't drop the ball MS...please!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12