5 good reasons why you might want to use an online backup service

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
online-backup-service-hero-01.jpg

What are the advantages of using an online backup service?
It cannot be stressed enough: data backups are important. So much of our vital information now exists in ones and zeroes, and not performing a regular backup is as good as throwing your photos, text documents, receipts, and more straight into the trash. While many people perform in-house backups using hard drives, fast internet and high bandwidth have allowed online backup services to rise. Should you use one? Let's find out.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Fayzul Omar

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm currently using Onedrive as my online backup service. But I do not backup everything there. Most of my stuffs goes to several 1TB external hard drives. My main concern is security and privacy.

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Like the idea of online backup, but hate the fact that these major data Warehouses are targets for hackers looking to steel allow personal data ... So it's not for me...

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm currently using Onedrive as my online backup service. But I do not backup everything there. Most of my stuffs goes to several 1TB external hard drives. My main concern is security and privacy.

I like the idea of "several". I had several jobs backed up on an external hard drive and after trying to retrieve some images off one of those hard drive I discovered my computers can't access it. Since then, I back up on two different external hard drives.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb