Are you going to buy another Windows phone?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Is it worth buying another Windows phone in 2017? We want to know what you think.
Last week, I pretty much recommended that you not go out and buy the upcoming Alcatel Idol 4 Pro with Windows 10 Mobile. Of course, I also mention that if you are one of the few people left out there who simple don't want to use any other mobile platform, the Alcatel Idol 4 Pro is a great buy.
cortana-windows-phone.jpg

I'm curious however, how many people are there out there who fall into this category? I want to know if you're going to buy another Windows phone in 2017 considering the current situation the Windows 10 Mobile platform is in right now.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

chronicspore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a 950XL and I have loved it since day 1. Its starting to need a hard reset at least once a day as of recently, hoping a reinstall of the OS will help. If this phone dies on me before the Surface phone comes out (if ever) I can safely say I'll pick up another Windows Mobile phone. I've become so accustomed to it and really don't like how intrusive some Android phones can be, and really don't like iPhones. So hopefully this can hold out until the surface phone!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
No. I will continue to use my 735 and if it dies before MS's newest mobile release (Windows on Arm) I will decide what course I will take then.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

MeditatiangAmigo

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, I will NOT be buying another Windows Phone. I really like the Windows 10 Mobile and desktop UI. I feel like Microsoft has abandoned the "non-enterprise" segment. As a Windows enthusiast since the days of DOS, and a Windows Insider since week 1, I feel like Microsoft could care less about me. I am seriously considering moving back to an Android mobile device and thinking about the possibility of using a Chromebook/Chromebox when it's time for my next upgrade.

Meteorhead

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Why are people so hung up on "upgrading" a Windows 10 Mobile anyhow from Lumia 950 (XL)? All apps run faster than Flash (apart from cr@p like Messenger et al.), the camera is amazing... Why do people feel the NEED to buy something new when they have still one of the fastest phones in their hands?

I have a Lumia 640 XL and I would only upgrade to a 950 XL if I'd find a good bargain.

AlexNuggz1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
No, I will not be buying another Windows Phone unless they do something different and interesting. I have been with Windows since my Samsung Omnia 7 running Windows Phone 7, Loved it, bought a Lumia 920 then 930... I waited for 3 years but the apps started going and Microsoft went into re-trenching so decided to jump ship a few months ago and buy a Google Nexus 5X which works well... It took alot of getting used to and I'm not a massive fan of android, but it works, its not buggy, it has the apps I need. But to be honest.. I wont bother replacing this until it dies... I've grown bored of smartphones in general, they have hit a celling imo, and are not really changing much with each new iteration. My phone now is basically a glorified portable browser, audiobook player, messenger and email device. I do not really understand the whole gaming scene for mobile, being a big gamer myself, I don't see the point playing a simple game on a tiny screen when I have a perfectly good gaming laptop and xbox one + 4K TV to game. The whole mobile scene now feels incredibly stagnant, and I am hoping Microsoft can do something about that in a similar way to what they have brought to the table with the surface line of devices.

AndreasKj

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, I agree.
I've finally, after many years, gone back to Android. Not by choice necessarily since my 930 started acting up but more out of common sense. I have had the following Windows Phones: 800, 920, 930, 1020, 535, 830, 1520, 950XL (The 920 and 1020 being my all-time favorites!) but when my 1520 started ghost-touching all the time and my 930 started losing my GPS signal and just dying around 4pm I felt that the time had come.

My choices were Lumia 950, Huawei P8, Xperia X and a Moto X Play. I ended up with the Moto, for lots of reasons (camera being the main one). Sure, the 950 has the best camera and I love the OS but I simply couldn't justify going with it since a) it is not future proof, and b) Windows 10 isn't that great anymore, compared to WP 8,1.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 920 and 1020 days. I thoroughly didn't enjoy the 950XL days. I did enjoy the 1520 and also the 930...while they lasted. For now, I hope that the Android world doesn't suck as bad as I've heard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6