Hey Windows phone fans — Microsoft doesn't need you for 'Surface phone' to succeed

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
lumia-sad-1100x619.jpg

Windows phone loyalists, I have bad news for you: Microsoft's "ultimate mobile device," or "Surface phone," if it succeeds at all, can probably do so without you and me.

Despite the benefits our years of commitment have brought Microsoft's Window phone efforts, we may not be important to the success of the next step in its Windows-on-mobile strategy.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Sure they do. Who else is going to buy it? PC sales have been declining for years. Nobody wants PCs anymore, and putting a PC-like experience into a phone-sized form factor isn't going to change that. It also does nothing to address WP's biggest shortcoming from the beginning: lack of apps. CShell will just bring a new OS where we still don't have basic things like banking apps or Snapchat. If Surface Phone is going to succeed, it absolutely NEEDS Windows Phone loyalists to nucleate around the technology in the early years, because nobody else is going to. After all, nobody outside of our small community even cares about this device.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Who cares. I mean asking as there is a phone / mobile device why do I care if MS knows about my years of loyalty? If a new device is successful i will not care if MS made it for me or not, as long as its successful.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon