Crackdown 3 is delayed, but is that such a terrible thing?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
crackdown%203_shooting_gif.gif

Crackdown 3 might be delayed, but is that such a bad thing?
After the news broke earlier today, I found myself flooded with messages on social media about Crackdown 3's delay, which now moves over to Spring 2018. News like this is always controversial with the hardcore crowd, with Xbox detractors using it as a means to gloat and proselytize the downfall of the entire platform.
Microsoft's struggles with second party studios are pretty well documented at this point. Games like Ryse, Quantum Break, and Scalebound – exclusives built by contracted non-Microsoft studios – struggled in various ways, with the latter being canceled altogether.
It was reported that Crytek and Microsoft had a falling out over the Ryse IP, while Quantum Break's developers, Remedy Entertainment, announced plans to hit PlayStation almost immediately after shipping their much-hyped time-bending third-person shooter. And we all know what went down with Scalebound. What I'm saying here is, the fears for Crackdown 3 aren't without merit.

Crackdown 3's single player campaign is being put together by Sumo Digital, who has worked extensively with Microsoft on franchises like Forza, while the multiplayer component is being put together by Cloudgine, who are building technology that powers cloud-based physics.
Perhaps it wouldn't be such a huge deal if Crackdown 3 wasn't one of fairly few core exclusive titles launching on Xbox One this year, which is of particular interest due to the imminent launch of the Xbox One X. Some have decried Microsoft's 2017 lineup as particularly weak, given the abundance of quality exclusives Sony's PlayStation has enjoyed this year, and delays always provide the opportunity to kick Microsoft for those commentators who are so inclined.
As far as fans and gamers go, however, is moving Crackdown 3 to 2018 such a big deal? Maybe it is, but it's not a bad thing.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo