Have a great laptop but don't like the trackpad? This easy guide can show you how to replace your Elan or Synaptics drivers with the preferred Microsoft Precision ones instead!
    Windows trackpads are one of the biggest criticisms that users have when it comes to modern laptops. Much of that disapproval is alleviated if PC manufacturers just utilize Microsoft's Precision Touchpad drivers as we routinely mention in our Windows Central laptop reviews.
    Today, I'm excited to show you how to install and enable Precision Touchpad drivers on what should be any laptop that uses Synaptics or Elan drivers. Originally spotted on Reddit this quick guide will breathe new life into your premium Windows laptop.
    To be clear, we are talking about a bit of a "hack" and not an official solution, so make sure to do a quick backup just in case.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...
    08-25-2017 04:50 PM
    I can report all gestures work perfectly on a synaptics HP envy touchpad, but the cursor is jerky and jumpy and its hard af to click on small objects
    12-04-2017 10:39 PM