10-03-2017 02:50 PM
73 123
tools
    I still can't click on the top left hamburger button to get a list of the other sites like android central... it just doesn't display.
    This usually happens when you have an Ad Blocker enabled. The hamburger menu and some other show more buttons at the bottom become unresponsive to any click.
    09-20-2017 02:18 AM
    The new look will take a bit of getting used to, on the good side loading the homepage now doesn't eat up all available memory if using Edge, shame to forums are still buggy and suffer from "webpage not responding" errors when opening a page.
    09-20-2017 06:48 AM
    Too small!
    I have to navigate and adapt it to me, but it feels confusing and small images aren't the way to go.
    09-20-2017 08:12 AM
    it took me 5 long minutes, trying to find unread posts from each group... until i finally got to the feed.
    during them i was tempting to close site for weeks, instead having fun to read it daily...
    i don't usually log in when i read news, so logged in checkbox wont change anything for me - make it a hardcoded url for feed only view, and it'll do.
    as i wasn't logged, it took me another minute to find where to log in, as it's hidden in menus now, instead of auto suggesting once you start typing response to forum...

this is not good change as it is!
    09-20-2017 09:17 AM
    The header is way too big. That, coupled with the oversized "best of" section, takes up the entire screen, where I then have to scroll to get to the first set of headlines. I suggest reducing the size of both, or making them collapsible (with persistence!)
    09-20-2017 10:25 AM
    Sometimes the content is really distracting and I can’t concentrate on the ads. Who cares about content? Just get rid of it.
    09-20-2017 10:56 AM
    At 1920x1080 it looks like it's parked advertising domain. However, after several refreshes, then reducing the browser window to about 600px wide, it looks wonderful. It looks great on my phone as well.
    09-20-2017 11:42 AM
    Sorry, I suddenly feel like I can't find sh*t. Might take a while to get use to.
    09-20-2017 02:34 PM
    Take a look at the new site on a Surface 2 and you will notice that the graphics are not displaying properly across the entire front page.
    09-20-2017 03:08 PM
    It is responsive.

However, it requires way too much work to get anywhere. The whole categorized icon banner takes up way too much space. The first section "Most Recent" should be labeled "What's New" and have quite a bit more items. You have two "Most Recent" areas (very top and bottom of page). Right now because the way you designed these categorized boxes you are only showing 1 column leaves a large 2/3 to the right all barren (at least on my desktop there is a large amount of white space) See: Most Recent (top), Laptops, Apps We Love for all the wasted white space. As it stands I agree with everybody we really I have to scroll down, down, down, down, trying to find anything. The other layout was easy to see what was new in broad section of categories, not so much here.
    HeyCori likes this.
    09-20-2017 03:11 PM
    I do not like the new design. It is hard to figure out what is new what is old. The different sections is nice but does not give enough information about each section. I liked the vertical scrolling much better. This layout needs more work.
    09-20-2017 03:40 PM
    Something weird with the icons for "Best Things". At a certain Window size they all align nicely in a single row. But make the Windows Smaller and the "Best Xbox One Games" and "Best Xbox One headsets" disappear.

Even stranger, when using Edge, making the Window wider and the headsets will drop to a second line.

Also in Edge, the columns don't align correctly, causing it to display only one column while there's room for three. Resulting in a lot of white space...
    09-20-2017 05:50 PM
    I can't stand it. This site was so much better until your last change. Now this change has made it even worse. Having a modern look should come after having a easy to navigate, functioning website. As of now, we have a modern cluster of a site that is confusing to navigate and takes longer to find what you're looking for. It reminds me of going from Windows Phone to Android. Use a Windows Phone and get used to how easy it is to use and how finding everything just makes sense, and then pick up an Android phone and see how quickly that changes. The phone might be nicer, but it's 2 steps back in every other way. That's what we have here.

I literally went from coming to this site every day before your last update to coming maybe once or twice a week after. Now with this update, I will be coming even less than that. When using a site, or a phone or anything else that should bring me pleasure ends up feeling like work, it's time to move on. Unfortunately, using and navigating this site is just plain frustrating and feels like more trouble than it's worth. Combine that with an app that freezes for 20 seconds at a time and doesn't allow me to post a comment (on Windows Mobile) and there is no reason to be a part of this site and community anymore. It's a shame, used to be my favorite destination on the web.
    09-20-2017 07:39 PM
    its just way too much. trying to be organized is a good theory but like pocketnow the site just looks confusing. the blog page will get the most traffic I suspect.
    09-21-2017 01:16 AM
    when will the comments system be fixed
    09-21-2017 05:48 AM
    Same issues as reported about with IE11 on Windows 10. Can't check the box to make the most recent the homepage and the more icon at the bottom doesn't do anything.

Scott
    09-21-2017 06:22 AM
    The home page might be practical for some tablet, but tablets are now declining. All these responsive designs created mainly for tablet will take the Windows 8 success story (R.I.P). For me, the "Most Recent/Show More" page (https://www.windowscentral.com/blog?...ign=navigation) works best so I have directly bookmarked it, and won't be accessing the home page.
    09-21-2017 07:43 AM
    Less user-friendly than previous versions. Lay-out Tip:change is not always better.... Coca-Cola hardly didn't change their logo since 1887, but hey who the heck is Coca Cola.....
    09-21-2017 08:17 AM
    Don't like it.
    09-21-2017 09:18 AM
    It is terrible in Edge.
    09-21-2017 09:24 AM
    I hate the new design! I already find myself visiting the site less because of it. It's just a cluttered mess with stuff everywhere.. Not good!
    09-22-2017 11:02 AM
    new page is faster.
    I've turned off my adblocker!
    09-27-2017 03:57 AM
    Let's be honest here. The new headline font is an abomination. Putting the overshoot below the baseline is one of the worst things you can do from a readability standpoint. It almost makes my head hurt trying to get through the headlines. Please, please rethink this choice - it doesn't make the homepage "cool", just ugly and hard to read.
    Tiny Funk likes this.
    10-03-2017 02:50 PM
73 123