Many Windows phone fans no longer trust Microsoft. That may be bad news for any future moves Microsoft makes in mobile.
    Trust is the foundation for any relationship. Trust is built on mutual respect and predictability, trust can be hard to earn, and trust can be nearly impossible to restore when lost. Trust is key, in both personal relationships and those between a business and a customer. Like Microsoft and the forever-jilted Windows phone user.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...
    09-21-2017 11:10 AM
    If they're smart they won't. WP fans are like some of the abused women. They take the abuse and say it's because they love me. They are in denial. Enough already. Time for an intervention.
    theefman likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:37 AM
    To me, it all comes down to the big reveal. If MS shows up and reveals a concise compelling plan that they "just couldn't tell" us. And sells it with confidence, then I'm in.

If the continue to prove themselves uncommitted, and keep mobile on the back burner, then I'll look elsewhere when my Elite x3 dies.
    09-21-2017 01:41 PM
    They need great hardware and applications that people want to use.

They had a great partnership with Nokia but they screwed it up by not getting the,apps everyone wants and needs.

If they could deliver full Windows 10 on a Samsung Galaxy S8 with x86 application support and get IOS lorted across to fill the app gap then that would be a great start.

I am eligible for a phone upgrade come December and my contract is due in February and I have 2 choices at the moment stick with my 950 until Microsoft gets something worth replacing the 950 with or bite the bullet and get a Galaxy S8.

I know I can get the MS,apps on the S8 but I do like Windows 10 on the 950.
    09-21-2017 01:44 PM
    What I would love to be able to do is stick Windows 10 Mobile on a Galaxy S8 then flash it with Full Windows 10 on ARM when it becomes available.
    09-21-2017 02:10 PM
    This is an excellent question, will a new phone/mobile launch bring or keep fans. I say yes, but, not as many as before.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 02:19 PM
    I'd say for the majority - No aaaaand NO!

Windows Phone has been iff'd to death yet it's the same old story time and time again, Microsoft failing to deliver. Hard to see how anyone would be enticed by their track record over the past 2-3 years, pretty revealing if you ask me.

Two plus years ago I was predicting and saying it wasn't going to end well for the platform, can't say we were too far off the mark.
    09-21-2017 10:45 PM
    MS's retrenching strategy forced me deep into Google's services, and, fortunately for me, I'm very satisfied. In order for me to move back to MS, they would have to offer the same or better-quality services, functionality, and efficiency that Google currently offers. I don't see that happening, however.
    Guytronic, aximtreo and Elky64 like this.
    09-22-2017 05:24 AM
    Oh please, stop with the drama. Jilted lovers? It's a smartphone for Christ's sake. If it doesn't work for you then you move on. If a year or two from now they offer something that floats your boat, you get that instead.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    aximtreo and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    09-22-2017 09:32 AM