How Microsoft is turning Android into the mobile OS for Windows users

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft-Launcher-with-Surface_0_0_0.jpg

With Windows 10 Mobile dying, many former Windows phone users are turning to iOS and Android. But has Microsoft successfully turned Android into a phone for Windows?
The fact that Microsoft didn't play nice with its major competitors has been in the rear-view mirror for years. With Microsoft apps filling the Google Play Store and Apple's app store today, it's easier than ever for users of Microsoft services to jump ship to other mobile OSes. Even Bill Gates is on Android.
While most of Microsoft's services are available on both iOS and Android, the open nature of the latter means that Microsoft can create strong links between Android phones and Windows 10 PCs in both looks and functionality.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

MsWinafan

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I do not plan to move to android even being abandoned by Microsoft. I'll keep using my Lumia 650 till the end of its lifespan. At the end of this period I hope to find a new Windows powered mobile device to continue my experience. Meanwhile I expect Microsoft to keep some of my actual apps available and up-to-date on its portfolio, and hopefully a great amount of useful and popular apps. If I find no new Windows powered device at this point, then I will consider to move to Apple products and services as my new ecosystem. Being android is equal to stain Microsoft's ecosystem and experiences; is to welcome the Trojan Horse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium