Why Windows Central went all-in on Razer Phone with Android

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Razer-Phone-logo_0.jpg

Some of our core audience is apparently offended by us covering the Razer Phone. Here is why we did it and what comes next.
Recently, Windows Central did extensive coverage of the new Razer Phone, which is powered by Android and built for gamers. Razer invited us – and other non-Android sites – to be prebriefed on the phone, which is why we had so much detailed and an in-depth, hands-on coverage.
The big Razer Phone article is our No. 2 story for the last 30 hours despite the fact that we have run nearly 100 articles between Wednesday and now. That should tell you something about interest in this device and our decision to cover it.
Nonetheless, there was some vocal pushback from our core audience. Are we going to start covering every Android phone now? Why is this article even here? How dare you … people come here for Windows news, not Android phones!
As the executive editor, I feel it's only appropriate to address these concerns even if they are in the minority (many in the YouTube comments understood the decision). As I consider myself a Windows phone fan, I understand the disagreement with our choice. It's only fair I address these concerns.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes