Why the Surface Book 2 seems like a dream laptop

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-book-2-4.jpg

I've been a Surface user since the dark days of RT, but with the Surface Book 2, it looks as though Microsoft might have achieved perfection.
Microsoft unveiled the Surface Book 2 at a press event in October 2017. A sequel to Microsoft's ground-breaking 2-in-1 convertible laptop was never in doubt, but many had expected it to arrive a little later, and few expected the spec bump Microsoft baked into it.
The biggest pitfall with the original Surface Book wasn't the design, it wasn't driver issues, and nor was it a form factor problem ‒ it was those damn specs.
The original Surface Book was a stunning laptop, but that's all it was. With its paltry dual-core processor and its NVIDIA 940M 2GB dedicated GPU (d-GPU), it was hard to get real work out of it. Despite being unveiled with video-editing capabilities, programming, and even gaming, as usable features, in practice, it wasn't so hot.
While we haven't reviewed the new Book 2 just yet, I have high hopes that the changes Microsoft made will rectify every issue I had with the Surface Book, as it beckons me back after my switch to a Razer Blade 14. The Surface Book 2 almost feels as though it was designed for me. This is why.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99