Why is Microsoft limiting its new 'Sets' feature for Windows Insiders? #AskDanWindows 33

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Why is Microsoft doing limited testing of Sets? I'll explain.
Earlier this week, Microsoft announced "Sets" – a new tabbed app experience coming to Windows 10. Borrowing from this idea that we live in and work in web browsers (and some fundamentals of Chrome OS from Google), I wrote about why I think this feature, while not super exciting, may be one of the most used for everyday users once it's released.
One controversy that sprung up, however, was the initial limited rollout of the feature for those on the Windows Insider Program Fast Ring.
From the original announcement via the head of Windows, Terry Myerson:
With Sets specifically, we'll introduce a controlled study into WIP so that we can more accurately assess what's working and what's not. That means a smaller percentage of you will initially get Sets in a build. It also means that some of you won't get it at all for a while, as we compare the usage and satisfaction of task switching in Windows for people who have sets versus people who don't. Eventually, everyone will get Sets — but it could be awhile.
Today, I'll go into more detail about what that all means and why Microsoft is shifting how it develops and releases new significant features to Windows 10, so check it out!

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar