Chime in: If you could, how would you 'save' Windows phones?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
W10M-and-iPhone8_0.jpg

How would you go about saving Windows phone if you could?
With Microsoft abandoning its Windows phone efforts, we want to know what you, the fans, would do to save the platform from abandonment. Microsoft recently announced that Windows 10 Mobile is no longer a focus for the company, with no new features or hardware in the works, essentially killing the platform's growth.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Daky

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I think that app gap and the quality of existing apps of is the biggest problem of the Windows Phone. I know that is not popular but I would open the platform for the Android or IOS apps. I am convinced that would help the platform.

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
I would not. I would have kept it under full support until their foldable device is out, and keep it under support for two more years in parallel. That is all I would have done differently.

Old Programmer

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
As of 8 December 2017, the course is set.

If I could change history, I believe Microsoft should have produced new flagship Lumias in 2016 and 2017.

And in the interest of continuity, the 2017 Lumia should have been designed to be upgradeable to full Windows once c-shell and a telephone stack becomes available (fall 2018 ?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans