Chime in: Are you STILL using a Windows Phone? If, yes, why?

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
LOL why does Windows Central find it odd for many to be still using Windows Phones? They may be in maintenance mode, but haven't been totally killed off yet. Sad how it's come to the point that Android and iOS phones are expected to be widely used here. Not that they're bad phones, but the site was originally and largely Windows Phone users.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL why does Windows Central find it odd for many to be still using Windows Phones? They may be in maintenance mode, but haven't been totally killed off yet. Sad how it's come to the point that Android and iOS phones are expected to be widely used here. Not that they're bad phones, but the site was originally and largely Windows Phone users.
Well I blame mostly Microsoft. I mean look at what they've done for the loyals. I used to be one for many years. We support the OS because we love it so much and Microsoft has stopped making hardware, doesn't give any real direction for the future, and make services available to the competition many times before their own platform that they're not even really invested in at this point. Haven't been able to deliver on the app situation to try and draw more users their way. Windows Phone users are some of the most diehard fans I know. Microsoft has done next to nothing for you and you stick around any way. I admire you guys but there was no way I could stick around playing the guessing what may and may not happen game while the competition evolves and moves forward. Even in the category of manual controls in the camera. Windows Phone was the only platform at one point that even had manual controls and OIS on phones and now you can't even get live preview for shutter speed and ISO changes and everyone has lapped them in this one specific area. As much as I hate to say it Microsoft is to blame for the state of hope and loyalty to their OS. And again they have done much to nothing in the last couple of years to push any boundaries. Hopefully Andromeda will change that but who knows if that will even be consumer focused. And key apps are missing like the example I mentioned above. Not one Windows Phone user drives for Uber or Lyft? Come on.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been using iPhone and android for years. Currently I’ve been strictly iOS (7 plus and iPad 9.7). I do plan on buying some used windows phones to use for my wedding. The idea is to have people in the wedding party tape different POVs throughout the day to cut cost and not have to use a videographer. I was an avid windows phone user. Was interested at Mango and stuck with it until almost the end. My last flagship was a 1020. It became so laggy and drained so quickly. Now I’m on an ecosystem that has every competitors ecosystem. It’s such a relief to have that accessibility

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep we are still using Windows Phones, and while I cant order coffee as easily from my car I am glad we still use it. As far as I can tell WP still seems to be the best for our family's purposes, and since we have never had any kind of malware of any kind, not been limited or hindered from doing what's really important I don't see the need to jump ship to a platform that is less secure.

Its sad to see how many people are influenced by negative bashing. I guess peer pressure is a really powerful force. Somehow it first affected developers so they didn't work on apps for the platform, then it got to the users at first just the wishwashy unsteady ones then Microsoft themselves because they didn't stand up for themselves and communicate all users have for information is the naysayers which led to more stable users to start leaving gradually more and more. Then MS not having improved in their marketing or communications skills announces they are dropping W10M without giving any indications of what the replacement is going to be making some of the more die hard users finally give up.
Honestly if there was another option other than Android or iOS I might be tempted, but those brands have been manipulating people for years in a lot of ways and their hardcore fanboys have been a part of the problem so I will keep using my x3 until I find an option that works better.

I am amazed how many people who don't like Microsoft are cruising Windows themed forums.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
moved back to Android. but just ordered the Idol 4s for ****s and giggles cause of price drop.

After using the phone for about a week, I am returning it for the same reasons I returned my Lumia 950XL. OS and hardware performance still not stable and long standing issues still not fixed.

Slow Bluetooth connection. Cortana not responding, but perks up randomly. Slow, hanging, stalling. Edge performance is terrible. Very slow bookmark syncing still. Webpages locked randomly locked on desktop mode instead of mobile version. Nothing I've sent feedback on got resolved in past several years.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
After using the phone for about a week, I am returning it for the same reasons I returned my Lumia 950XL. OS and hardware performance still not stable and long standing issues still not fixed.

Slow Bluetooth connection. Cortana not responding, but perks up randomly. Slow, hanging, stalling. Edge performance is terrible. Very slow bookmark syncing still. Webpages locked randomly locked on desktop mode instead of mobile version. Nothing I've sent feedback on got resolved in past several years.
I'm sorry to hear that the bugs haven't been resolved. 😞

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The January update has really thrown the OS into chaos. Here I was thinking they finally got things ironed out but noooooo.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Outlook crashes are the most annoying. Phone logs are not keeping up with the actual incoming and outgoing calls. Bluetooth is having a hard time keeping multiple connections lit. No reboots or anything like that, just irritating as hell.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not everybody is on the same version. This month alone these issues have manifested on a 950, Idol 4S and Elite x3. I can safely say it's not hardware related.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey, what way are you guys able to watch the Super Bowl on your phones? Just curious since I haven't seen any articles about it.

Trq20

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I still use because it still good, i love Windows 10 os, my Lumia 730, and UWP apps, makes my phone like my pc Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon