Art, gaming, and hardware: A few days with the Surface Book 2

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Surface-Book-2-15-side-right-ports-type-c_0.jpg

The original Surface Book was a gorgeous, engineering marvel that fell short in my eyes in one particular way. So how does the Surface Book 2 fare?
Last year I wrote about how I moved from a Surface Book to a Razer Blade 14, despite being, for the most part, completely happy with the Surface Book. The reasons for switching were numerous, but ultimately boil down to power. The original Surface Book was a dual-core device, with a relatively weak d-GPU. The Blade, by comparison, rocks a GTX 1060, and quad-core processing, vastly increasing versatility and productivity without sacrificing much in terms of size and bulk. The Razer Blade 14 (2017) remains an incredible laptop, and is certainly among the best (if not the best) you can buy for PC gaming on the go.
However, after Microsoft revealed the spec sheet of the latest Surface Book late last year, I simply couldn't resist the urge to take out a small loan and return to team Surface (damn, this thing is expensive). I'll outline some of the reasons for doing so in a future article, but for now, here are some of my own quick impressions from a few days with the Surface Book 2. Be sure to check out our full, official review from Executive Editor Daniel Rubino.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05