Chime in: Do you miss Windows 10 Mobile after switching to Android?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
cortana-android-launcher.jpg

Do you miss your Windows phone after switching to Android? Why or why not? Let us know in our forums.
Most people who used to use Windows phones have more or less likely already switched over to something else by now. I used to be an avid Windows Phone user, but recently made the switch to both Android and iOS, and I must admit I do miss some of what Windows Phone used to offer.
Our community members are discussing this topic right now, and it turns out there's a lot to miss about Windows Phone. You don't know how good you've got it until it's gone, as they say.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

androzanigirl

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Cant live without my windows phone I totally agree about the interface best of the lot and I've tried android and ios doesn't come close so just bought myself a Lumia 1520 again lol

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I miss a lot about Windows 10 mobile and wish it wouild have succeeded, but I don't miss the broken or missing apps and I don't miss the dying OS.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This topic is certainly timely for me. Other than those first Cellular One car phones that were permanently attached to my car I've never used anything other than a Windows phone. That's a lot of years. I've been holding on as long as I could but just this week came to terms emotionally with the decision to move on, or at least try to move on. When Waze would no longer work when I fired up a new 950 (my second 950) I was done and ordered the LG V30. I'm going into this believing that I'm going to find it inferior to the WM OS, but here I go.

Is there a topic here to help transition to Android? Thinking about how to transition text messages, OneDrive, etc.

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
This topic is certainly timely for me. Other than those first Cellular One car phones that were permanently attached to my car I've never used anything other than a Windows phone. That's a lot of years. I've been holding on as long as I could but just this week came to terms emotionally with the decision to move on, or at least try to move on. When Waze would no longer work when I fired up a new 950 (my second 950) I was done and ordered the LG V30. I'm going into this believing that I'm going to find it inferior to the WM OS, but here I go.

Is there a topic here to help transition to Android? Thinking about how to transition text messages, OneDrive, etc.

"Import SMS from Windows Phone" is good app to move over your texts.

There's no need to move away from Onedrive, it works on Android better than Windows phone

There are very few apps from WP that aren't available on Android. The only ones that come to mind are the Photos app and Movies & TV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb