Rare's 'continuous delivery' aims for rapid Sea of Thieves updates

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
sea-of-thieves-chest.jpg

One of the central criticisms revolving around Sea of Thieves pertains to its lack of raw gameplay mechanics. Rare's "continuous delivery" approach should begin to fix the problem soon.
Rare's Sea of Thieves has been polarizing. While the game focuses on multiplayer mayhem at its core, players have been disappointed with the lack of cosmetics, enemies, and, well, things to do. I somehow I got the impression that Sea of Thieves would have more meat at launch, and I think the way Rare described the developmental process to me, in part, triggered some of those expectations.
In interviews with Rare at its headquarters in the UK, the studio described how the company would be able to manually toggle new features, tweak settings, and more on the fly, shipping rapid updates in the process. Certainly, since launch, we have seen a fair bit of tweaking. For now, the studio has been focusing on bug fixes and addressing some of the game's biggest annoyances, like small respawn distances.

Rare gave a presentation at GDC 2018 (Thanks, The Red Dragon) describing its processes for rapid updates, and how we should begin seeing more content hitting the game sooner rather than later.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3