State of Decay 2 review: A journey from disappointment to mindless addiction

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
state-of-decay-2-juggernaught-hero.jpg

State of Decay 2 is here, but is this game a soulless husk, or something a little more infectious?

I was a big fan of the original State of Decay, and happily revisited it when it was re-released for Xbox One a few years ago. While the game was clunky, suffered from engine troubles, and was middling in scope, it represented something genuinely unique in a genre that continues to be saturated.
There are tons of prominent zombie games on the market. Whether they're open world affairs like Dead Rising or Dying Light, or something more competitive/co-operative like Day Z or Left 4 Dead, each offer their twists, but I'd happily say few are as unique as State of Decay.
The same is true for the sequel State of Decay 2, which launches on May 22, 2018, for Xbox One and PC.
In State of Decay, you're not a single hero. Instead, you take command of an entire community attempting to survive a devastating zombie apocalypse, which has wiped out nearly all infrastructure and society.

As a fan of Undead Labs and the long-term vision the studio has had for this concept, I found plenty of reasons to be disappointed with State of Decay 2. However, as I got deeper into the game, I found myself unable to put it down. State of Decay 2 will make you feel like the director of your very own zombie flick.
See at Amazon See at Microsoft

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720