Have your gaming habits changed with age?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
xbox-one-x-xbox-one-s-stack.jpg

I am very much the epitome of a gaming nerd stereotype, or at least I was in my early 20s. I'm still a nerd, but as I've gotten older, things have changed.
For all my obsessive gaming brothers and sisters out there who have struggled to explain their love of video games to spouses, family members, and beyond. We may disagree on many things, but the love of gaming is a unifying force that boasts a community of hundreds of millions across the internet, divided into mini-communities full of memes, discussion, and art.
I owe a lot to gaming, personally. Having a gaming PC forced me to learn the basics of PC hardware maintenance and management, which eventually led me into a career in IT. My interest in the industry led me to build my first blogs, which led me to today, writing professionally for Windows Central. Gaming gave me something to look forward to after another wasted day at school, and helped me bond with friends both "in real life" and online. Some of the friendships I made in online games in my teens endure even today, over 15 years later.
Yet, as I passed 30 years old, moved in with my partner, with a full time job, I realized my gaming habits had changed alongside it. I was playing games in genres I previously had no interest in, and struggled to find the time and attention to invest in genres and franchises that I was flushed with passion for in my youth. What changed?

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos