World of Warcraft's new expansion is a welcome break from the apocalypse

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
world-of-warcraft-voldun.jpg

World of Warcraft's new expansion, Battle for Azeroth, sports a much calmer tone than its predecessor. But can its gameplay stand up to Legion, the most popular WoW expansion in years?
I have played World of Warcraft (WoW) on and off for 14 years. After missing WoW's least popular expansion, Warlords of Draenor, I returned over a year ago to try out Legion, owing to the rave reviews and a huge amount of old friends who had returned to the game. What I found in Legion truly blew my mind.
In all my years with WoW, I haven't really known an expansion to be so free of, well, complaining. It seemed for the first time with Legion, Blizzard had come upon a formula that managed to keep all types of players happy. Legion put an emphasis on story content, giving each of the game's classes its own story campaigns to digest and enjoy, as well as themed weapons that came with their own unique powers and abilities. Legion also added Mythic+ dungeons, which added a dynamic, competitive element to regular five-man dungeon runs, as well as compelling gear. And of course, Legion had some incredible raids too.

Now as a casual player, I barely found time to enjoy everything Legion had to offer. With millions of players now moving to the new expansion, Battle for Azeroth, I'm curious to find out whether Blizzard can do it again, or whether or not Legion was some kind of fluke.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12