Is Surface Go good for gaming?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-go-gaming-hearthstone.jpg

Best answer: For casual, retro, and less-intensive games, yes. The Surface Go is capable of running low-intensity games like Civilization 5, Hearthstone, and Minecraft, as well as Windows' extensive legacy back catalog.
Microsoft: Surface Go (from $400)

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It would have been helpful if the article posted the CPU and GPU specs so readers could compare them to game requirements. Also sites like cpu and gpu benchmarks help alot in estimating how well the Surface Go would perform compared to those requirements.

me2olive

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Overwatch which is fairly well-optimized on lower-end devices was completely unplayable.

Here's a YouTube video by josher14 (he posts regularly on r/SurfaceGaming) showing Overwatch gameplay on the Surface Go; OK, maybe it's not the best framerate but does this look "completely unplayable" to you?

His YouTube channel is well worth a look at if you want to actually see what will and won't run on the Surface Go. I was quite impressed with how well Doom (2016) and Alien Isolation ran.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Here's a YouTube video by josher14 (he posts regularly on r/SurfaceGaming) showing Overwatch gameplay on the Surface Go; OK, maybe it's not the best framerate but does this look "completely unplayable" to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZAh0tydWe0

His YouTube channel is well worth a look at if you want to actually see what will and won't run on the Surface Go. I was quite impressed with how well Doom (2016) and Alien Isolation ran.

That's the 8GB model, I tested the 4GB model. Might be worth doing a comparison between the two, I guess. But no, the 4GB model cannot play Overwatch whatsoever, unless you like frequent freezing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12