Should you buy a Windows phone in 2018? No, but ...

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
alcatel-idol-4s-lead2.jpg

Best answer: No, Microsoft isn't building new features for Windows phone. There are no new phones, and in the next year, Microsoft will abandon the platform altogether. If you must, however, we recommend the Alcatel Idol 4S. But you'd be much better off with a OnePlus 6T or iPhone XR.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Not surprised about the conclusion here. MS has gone all Android and even if a Surface Phone should ever see the day then who would dare buy It?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
https://www.windowscentral.com/site...16/11/alcatel-idol-4s-lead2.jpg?itok=39aYKETW
Best answer: No, Microsoft isn't building new features for Windows phone. There are no new phones, and in the next year, Microsoft will abandon the platform altogether. If you must, however, we recommend the Alcatel Idol 4S. But you'd be much better off with a OnePlus 6T or iPhone XR.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

I agree with this in some ways, except buying an iPhone...but that is just my opinion... However don't waste your money on a new Windows Phone either way if you want one. If you want to try it or just want one. Buy a used one, there are tons online ebay etc. I would recommend personally a Lumia though. Alcatel gave up on the IDOL 4s before it even made its way to Europe...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not surprised about the conclusion here. MS has gone all Android and even if a Surface Phone should ever see the day then who would dare buy It?

Ya man. Microsoft basically sabotaged their own chance at mobile a while ago. Not sure what they could even plan to do after 2019 ends...

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Adding 400-600 more cash gets better phone than. Who would have believed that...

Sarcasm aside, is this Apple/OnePlus advertising or joke? :winktongue:

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I would buy an Android One from Nokia. The affordable well built option with reasonable constant security updates.

Many other premium Android phones from other makers are priced at near fruit phone pricing.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I would buy an Android One from Nokia. The affordable well built option with reasonable constant security updates.

Many other premium Android phones from other makers are priced at near fruit phone pricing.

Yep. Even though the high price, you either do get what YOU wanted to pay for, or you DO NOT get what you paid for.

On Android, I consistently stick with Samsung. If I use Android I won't use any other. Now excuse me I need to go tinker with my 30 dollar Lumia 930 I just got in the mail...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo