The Xbox Adaptive Controller literally changed the game for this man

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
xbox-adaptive-controller-oliver.jpg

A few months ago, we set out to discover how the Xbox Adaptive Controller can actually adapt to its users, leading a new charge for increased gaming inclusion.
In late 2018, Microsoft offered us a review unit of the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC). The XAC is a controller unit lined with 3.5mm sockets that support a range of switches and buttons, allowing users who cannot use a standard Xbox controller to effectively build a custom setup for their unique personal needs.
As an able-bodied gamer, I'm far from qualified to talk about how well the XAC works in practice. So I caught up with my friend Oliver Koerber, who was born with Osteogenesis Imperfecta, or brittle bone disease, which is a lifelong genetic disorder that can cause bones to break very easily in early life, with cascading implications. Despite his condition, Oliver has worked around these limitations to become an avid, dedicated gamer.
We wanted to see if we could construct a peripheral that would suit him, and allow him to access new gaming experiences. After a few weeks, Oliver, who had previously been restricted to mouse-and-keyboard play, was able to enjoy other types of games better suited for the motion gradation of joysticks, such as racing games and modern platformers. I also quickly discover just how versatile the XAC is, not only using tools built by Microsoft but those created by the homebrew community, too.
Here's a glimpse into Oliver's journey with the XAC.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon