Store more books and comics with a refurb Kindle Paperwhite 'Manga Model'

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
You probably didn't know what the capacity of the 7th-gen Kindle Paperwhite was. All you needed to know was that it held thousands of books — more than enough to keep your whole library with you all the time. However, when it comes to graphic novels and comics, more storage is needed as pictures take up a bunch more space than words on a page. Because if this, Amazon launched the 'Manga Model' Kindle Paperwhite in Japan which includes 32GB of storage — eight times more than the original model. Today only, Woot is offering this device for just $79.99 in refurbished condition.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

hopes56320

Aug 1, 2019
Visit site
I usually have about 50 books on my Paperwhite and some of those are actually collections of 5–10 books by one author. I haven't come close to running out of room.

If you are going to be gone for a year and want to buy a couple hundred books now, another option would be to use one of the Kindle Fire models that accepts an SD card. Load the books to the SD card. Use airplane mode to disable wireless, keep the light level down and the battery should last a couple days at least.

I use the Paperwhite for reading (mangazuki raws) and a Kindle Fire HD because I have vision problems.

A Manga Edition does sound cool because I imagine it would have color and extremely good graphics. But other than Manga there aren't a lot of really good quality illustrated books for Kindle that I know of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077