Razer Junglecat review: An essential tool for Xbox Game Streaming & XCloud

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
razer-junglecat-xbox.jpg

The Razer Junglecat solves one of Xbox Game Streaming's most frustrating ergonomic issues. For a price.

One of my biggest worries about Xbox Game Streaming and Project XCloud has been the lack of ergonomics when it comes to mobile gaming. Touch screen controls are an absolute pain to get accustomed to if you're used to a mouse and keyboard, or a gamepad. Millions (billions?) think it's fine, but I sure as hell don't, and neither do the millions of core gamers Microsoft is hoping to entice with its nascent game streaming services.
That's when the Razer Junglecat caught my eye. This Nintendo Switch-like gamepad docks into a compatible mobile phone case, complete with transforming joysticks. The sticks can be docked separately for a more traditional controller experience, or on the sides of a range of specially-designed cases for mobile devices. And hey, it's compatible with Project XCloud.
I took it for a spin, and came away feeling like I'd caught a glimpse at the future of gaming on mobile devices. Though, the experience is not perfected (yet).

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon