First, I commend Jay on the app. I know it's a lot of work to make a nice Win8 Metro app especially having to react quickly to hibernation events,etc.

Here's my feedback from the first 40 minutes with the app. Overall it's quite impressive so please don't take these as negatives, just going for constructive feedback.

Requests:
    * Please let me click on the "59 comments on this article" speech bubble in addition to the down-arrow. Less mouse travel distance is good.
    * The article advance arrow [>] can show up on top of an Ad which is annoying and I accidentally clicked an Ad or two which is extra annoying due to the context switch.
    * The white text on gray box when hovering over an entry in the "News >" is hard on the eyes. Can I change the gray? See it in other places too. Not a fan of pink on gray either.
    * The icons/images under "What's next?" seem to be pretty low-resolution. Should be crisper.
    * Would like to be able to use down-arrow key to slide down and see comments (right-arrow for next article to good)
    * Don't seem to be able to login but I suppose Forum integration is not complete yet.

I tried to use the app to read about the expected behavior and known issues but:
    * A Search for "official wpcentral windows 8 app" turned up no results. I expected to find the announcement news posting. Same for "wpcentral windows 8 app"

John
    01-30-2014 05:40 PM
    Those are some great suggestions!
    01-31-2014 02:55 PM
    Requests:
    * Would like to be able to use down-arrow key to slide down and see comments (right-arrow for next article to good)
    Just to let you know, I have been trying to implement this but it seems to be impossible given the way I have my comments off the screen. Basically the flipview which has the comments in it swallows up all the key press events so I can't replace them with a logic that would make more sense.
    I even tried to intercept the events, no luck, and as Microsoft hasn't provided a way to disable the default keyboard navigation I'm afraid there's not going to be much I can do right now. I'll have a rethink see if there's any other way I could implement my layout
    02-01-2014 09:12 AM