04-19-2014 11:33 AM
37 12
tools
    The app says "1.1.0.4" as the version.
    I don't know if this is the updated version but I haven't seen any new features in the settings, like accent colors or serif-sans-serif options.
    That's the version that I am currently running too.
    02-14-2014 10:55 AM
    Accent colours is not available yet. And the fonts are an option, try bringing up the command bar whilst you're in an article and tap "font style"
    02-14-2014 01:10 PM
    @Jay, fantastic work on both the WP8 and Window 8 apps. Any updates on when we can natively share pictures from the photos hub into the forum section of both apps? This missing feature is the only thing I use my PC for. I know you may be working on it, was just curious for an update...😊
    02-14-2014 01:27 PM
    At the moment I'm taking a little break as I've got the Windows 8.1 app to a good state and enjoying a couple of weekends where I'm not working on it :) but I'll be adding some new features starting again in a couple weeks
    02-16-2014 03:03 AM
    At the moment I'm taking a little break as I've got the Windows 8.1 app to a good state and enjoying a couple of weekends where I'm not working on it :) but I'll be adding some new features starting again in a couple weeks
    Enjoy your yourself, you deserve it!
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    02-16-2014 10:16 AM
    The W8.1 app froze my Surface RT. COMPLETELY to the point of needed to hold power down to restart the tablet. It was a scary moment for me.
    03-04-2014 10:37 PM
    Thanks Jay! Keep up the good work. One small question/comment on the scrolling- I'm not sure about the terminology but have you considered page-by-page swiping instead of a continuous scroll? It would be nice to just reach up, give a quick swipe and have it scroll over to a new full page. It gets a little frustrating to have to manually line up the breaks between columns/pages. In the WP8 app, the continuous vertical scrolling feels natural somehow. Maybe because your thumb naturally sits at the ready, or because you can easily scroll in bits as you read without every really "seeing" a line of text where the bottom of the letters are cut off.
    03-25-2014 09:08 PM
    Hey there,

Since this is the official suggestions thread, we have a few we would like to see implemented. We apologize in advance if they have been mentioned before.

1. The swipe down menu is great, however, we would like to be able to access this menu from anywhere, not just the homepage.

2. Are there plans to add forum access? This would be a great feature for the app.

3. Like others have mentioned, we would gladly pay for an add free experience. We don't really care how much you would charge as we use this app on a daily basis.

4. Are there any plans to have videos play within the app? Leaving the app just detracts from the experience, although, since we do leave the app for videos it was a nice touch in implementing split screen for the videos.

5. You've done a great job in capturing the modern experience with this app, Jay. Keep up the great work!
    03-29-2014 04:50 AM
    Hi Jay. Like many folks today, I updated to WP8.1 and noticed, when using a background image for the start screen, the WPCentral tile has a transparent background and looks similar to other icons on my screen -- however if I get a notification and tap to open WPCentral the transparency in the app's tile is replaced with a solid accent color (cobalt in this case).

Just a friendly note in case you were not aware of this.

Regards,

Jim
    q21701 likes this.
    04-14-2014 03:10 PM
    Same here. I'm not seeing any transparency in the live tile.
    04-15-2014 07:41 PM
    I'm not getting the iconic tile to look transparent, I've waited and waited, over a day. So the wait 30 minute trick didn't help.
    Is the live tile supposed to be transparent or not? I thought I read that it is/would be (that's where I heard about the 30 minute wait) but so far I get nothing.
    Is there a problem? Am I missing something?
    04-16-2014 02:21 PM
    In some of the articles the html code is displayed. Especially in phone case review articles.
    04-19-2014 11:33 AM
37 12