07-02-2015 12:59 AM
31 12
tools
    I feel instead of having a billion threads, that I could just create one and you guys post the suggestions here, as it would be easier for us and even more for Jay. So yeah, here it is, the "Official Suggestions Thread for the WPCentral Windows 8 App". Got an idea for what he could put in his next version of the app? Post here!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    01-30-2014 11:20 PM
    add forums support :)
    01-30-2014 11:34 PM
    Toast notifications.
    01-31-2014 08:10 AM
    When clicking on a link in the story (in this case it was a link to the Windows store) you get the split screen as usual. However when I closed the Windows store (dragging downward off the screen) WPC stayed in split screen mode requiring me to drag the app back to full screen. In other apps I use (Facebook being one that behaves correctly) when I close one of the split screen apps, the other resumes full screen automatically.
    01-31-2014 08:42 AM
    When clicking on a link in the story (in this case it was a link to the Windows store) you get the split screen as usual. However when I closed the Windows store (dragging downward off the screen) WPC stayed in split screen mode requiring me to drag the app back to full screen. In other apps I use (Facebook being one that behaves correctly) when I close one of the split screen apps, the other resumes full screen automatically.
    Really? I've never had apps take back the full screen, the default Windows app behavior is to stay snapped so you could drag another app into that empty space if you wanted? Could you check that other apps definitely behave the way you mentioned?
    01-31-2014 09:45 AM
    This is the suggestions thread, not reporting issues thread.

Sent NOT from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    01-31-2014 12:50 PM
    Ability to choose scrolling direction (vertical vs. horizontal) when screen is rotated.

Maybe also choose scrolling or page flip action (like Flipboard style).
    Last edited by Just_Me; 01-31-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    01-31-2014 07:08 PM
    Quick jump button in comments, to jump to bottom or top of list quickly.
    01-31-2014 07:10 PM
    Option to pin specific sections to start screen.
    01-31-2014 07:16 PM
    Really? I've never had apps take back the full screen, the default Windows app behavior is to stay snapped so you could drag another app into that empty space if you wanted? Could you check that other apps definitely behave the way you mentioned?
    Yes, I can confirm the Facebook app has always done this. I actually prefer this action of going back to full screen.

Unstoppablekem, I don't consider this an "issue", rather to me it is a suggestion for a feature of the app.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-31-2014 07:52 PM
    untitled.jpg
    when I receive an email from wpcentral (global post reply) , the app link does not work , hope jay add this feature in windows 8 version
    01-31-2014 10:40 PM
    I think videos should open directly in articles instead of half-snapping to internet explorer to watch them.

When the forums feature gets added, I think if there are links to the forum or any site within wpcentral.com, it should open in the app rather than in an internet explorer window. I also think this should happen with the WP version of the Windows Phone Central app. I have a Nokia Lumia 900 (with 7.8) so I'm not sure if these links already open in the app with WP8.

Also, a small suggestion: when the app loads, the Windows Phone Central logo appears pixelated as if it were scaled up from a tiny square image. I think it should be fixed to make the image sharper/clear/unpixelated/whatever the right term for this is.
    02-01-2014 12:48 AM
    Forums is the main thing right now... I normally check them on my wp, but would be good to get on the app. I kinda scrolled over expecting to see it lol...
    02-01-2014 12:53 AM
    It would be nice to have Semantic Zoom (Guidelines for semantic zoom (Windows)) on main screen for easier scrolling to other sections (I know about app bar, that's not what I am suggesting :) ).
    Thanks
    02-01-2014 05:11 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	55945
    when I receive an email from wpcentral (global post reply) , the app link does not work , hope jay add this feature in windows 8 version
    This is the feature in the WP8 app that I like. I hope he adds it too.

Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    02-01-2014 10:51 AM
    This is the feature in the WP8 app that I like. I hope he adds it too.

Sorry for bad editing , I used ms paint. :)
    Yes it will be easier for me to open this link directly into the app.
    02-01-2014 11:31 AM
    Suggestion: Ability to search the comment sections of articles.
    02-03-2014 04:51 PM
    Is it possible to have it that if I read an article on my surface it syncs up with my phone and remove the notification? I know it wont be easy but it would be really cool!
    02-04-2014 11:43 AM
    Paid version with no ads?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    02-06-2014 08:19 AM
    App sync between the Windows 8 app and Windows Phone 8 app.
    Semantic zoom to get to different sections instead of just relying on the app bar similar to how Bing apps are setup and the start screen.

Overall so far, besides the missing forums as already mentioned, great app.
    02-13-2014 07:29 PM
    On the WP version, if I see a photo, I can double tap it and it will show the photo by itself. For this app, I need to go to the end of the article, and click the "show all photos" button. Please add this in the W8 version!
    02-21-2014 07:08 PM
    Also, would it be possible to have a "show in browser" button? Thanks.
    02-21-2014 07:09 PM
    Could we get the option to enable email notifications or not, like the WP version?
    02-27-2014 11:00 PM
    Also, would it be possible to have a "show in browser" button? Thanks.
    show in browser is in the app bar when you're on the article viewing page :)
    02-28-2014 02:10 AM
    show in browser is in the app bar when you're on the article viewing page :)
    Ah, didn't know. Many things are hidden that I don't seem to find, lol. Thanks!
    02-28-2014 10:11 AM
31 12