The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    So, I've been trying to install the WPCentral app on my Lumia 2520 tablet for the past couple of days to no avail. The progress bar shows it downloads up to a certain point and then it just gets stuck. It doesn't finish downloading and doesn't install. I've had no issues updating and installing other apps. It's just happening with the WPCentral app. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions? I've installed all the latest Windows updates.

Update: Hmm, the app isn't installing on my Dell Venue 8 Pro either. It just gets stuck while downloading and won't install. Again, no issue installing or updating other apps.

I've had no issues installing the app on my PC and laptop, but for whatever reason, I can't get it to install on my tablets. It downloads to a point, and then just gets stuck there and won't finish downloading. I'll have to try installing it on my Surface RT next, but I suspect I'll have the same issue. Problem with the app? Problem with the Store? Help, Jay Bennett!
    Last edited by EBynum; 02-06-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    02-06-2014 07:34 PM
    That's really strange only that app fails, but all the other apps install. Have you tried using a different WiFi network?
    02-06-2014 10:24 PM
    That's really strange only that app fails, but all the other apps install. Have you tried using a different WiFi network?
    It is really strange. I haven't tried another WiFi network (don't have access to another one unless I want to go to Starbucks), but you would think if it was the network then other apps wouldn't install either, not just the WPCentral app. Also, my laptop is connected to my WiFi network and I was able to install the app. Come to think of it, the app I installed on my PC and laptop was the original (initial release) WPCentral app--the one prior to the latest update. What I've been trying to install on my tablets is the latest version of the app. Don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I was able to update the app on my PC and laptop to the latest version without any issues though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-07-2014 12:45 AM
    It is really strange. I haven't tried another WiFi network (don't have access to another one unless I want to go to Starbucks), but you would think if it was the network then other apps wouldn't install either, not just the WPCentral app. Also, my laptop is connected to my WiFi network and I was able to install the app. Come to think of it, the app I installed on my PC and laptop was the original (initial release) WPCentral app--the one prior to the latest update. What I've been trying to install on my tablets is the latest version of the app. Don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I was able to update the app on my PC and laptop to the latest version without any issues though.
    I agree. I wouldn't think it's the network either. I just suggested that to see if maybe it works. I don't have any tablets to try (or anything RT). However, I also had issues with the update on a PC running Win8.1 x64.
    02-07-2014 12:51 AM
    I agree. I wouldn't think it's the network either. I just suggested that to see if maybe it works. I don't have any tablets to try (or anything RT). However, I also had issues with the update on a PC running Win8.1 x64.
    Well, after several attempts, I finally was able to install the app on my Lumia 2520, Dell Venue 8 Pro, and Surface RT. I still have no idea what caused the problem, but I'm glad the app finally installed.
    02-07-2014 03:01 AM
    It installed on my 2520 no problem. But to say I'm disappointed with the app is an understatement.
    02-07-2014 06:45 AM
    It installed on my 2520 no problem. But to say I'm disappointed with the app is an understatement.
    Sorry to hear that, I hope you'll share some of your thoughts on what you'd like to see done differently with us when the time is right.
    02-07-2014 06:40 PM