Now Available: Windows Phone Central app v4

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
One thing I ask to change although it's only minor is when I goto account settings and goto change the photo of the current phone I have,the Lumia 720 is not listed :crying:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably a bit of a newb question here, but can't easily find the answer.

I sign into the forums here through my connected Microsoft account. The app here asks for my username/password and refuses to take my forum username and Microsoft Id password. Neither will it accept my Microsoft Id and password.

How am I to log into the forum part of the app?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably a bit of a newb question here, but can't easily find the answer.

I sign into the forums here through my connected Microsoft account. The app here asks for my username/password and refuses to take my forum username and Microsoft Id password. Neither will it accept my Microsoft Id and password.

How am I to log into the forum part of the app?
You're supposed to give your forum username and your forum password. At least, that's how I do it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's the point I'm trying to make. I authenticate into the forum using my Microsoft account thought the Mobile Nations passport portal. I don't have a forum password.

Unless you're telling me that I should change my forum password through my forum settings, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the connected account for easy access.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
That's the point I'm trying to make. I authenticate into the forum using my Microsoft account thought the Mobile Nations passport portal. I don't have a forum password.

Unless you're telling me that I should change my forum password through my forum settings, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the connected account for easy access.
At present yes you can't authenticate into the forum using a Microsoft account, the passport solution hasn't been implemented into the app yet. It's being worked on right now but has taken some time to get the client to server communications functional

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's great news, Jay. Thanks very much for the feedback. It's not a huge issue to me, so please don't take what I said as Negative Nancy ranting. Love what you've done with the app, the UX is especially nice.

Just one little niggle I came up with. If you tap the "podcast" icon, the app seems to automatically start playing the latest podcast. I'd rather see a list of prior podcasts or have to press something else to play the latest upon viewing the agenda/cast list. It might be just a personal thing, but I dislike the "feature" of WP8 that shows the media player at the top of the screen when you don't really need to listen to anything.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I updated to version 4.2.8.7 (free) on WP 7.8 today. Its become very unstable and has crashed about 6 times since the morning. After 2-3 crashes it opens correctly. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I updated to version 4.2.8.7 (free) on WP 7.8 today. Its become very unstable and has crashed about 6 times since the morning. After 2-3 crashes it opens correctly. Has anyone else experienced the same?
Hi mpt15. This issue is caused by our new advertising provider in some regions. I've got a fix almost ready for it and will be rolling it out sometime this week :)

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a request, you guys talk about a lot of WP8 apps at the moment. I'm still on WP7 but find the store won't let me share the store link to others that I know are on WP8, you should build that in. Sometimes I dont like sending the article as that just puts them to the URL, silly but would be helpful. Also, I plan on upgrading and would love a way to store those app address for myself for future me.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a request, you guys talk about a lot of WP8 apps at the moment. I'm still on WP7 but find the store won't let me share the store link to others that I know are on WP8, you should build that in. Sometimes I dont like sending the article as that just puts them to the URL, silly but would be helpful. Also, I plan on upgrading and would love a way to store those app address for myself for future me.
CJ, when you text or email an article now it should include a direct URI address for all WP8 users which would launch our app directly at the article for them to download themselves. Does that help at all?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
They don't have this fantastic app. They just get a link that opens IE, which I know you guys need/deserve page views, some apps just need to be downloaded though.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
They don't have this fantastic app. They just get a link that opens IE, which I know you guys need/deserve page views, some apps just need to be downloaded though.
Well if they're Windows Phone users you could sweetly suggest that they need to get this app installed ;)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since I've updated the app, I'm not getting lockscreen notifications anymore. And sometimes when I open the app with a tile count and exit, the tile count remains.

Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro