The Feature Request Thread

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Instead of having lot's of threads over time asking for things, I thought it might be good to have a single thread to put all the most requested features into one place.

So, what are your top requested features for the app?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Notifications!

Clarification: I want to be told when I have likes and thanks. I think Jay may have said something about it not being possible at some point but not sure.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Mentioned this in the app threat, but I guess it would be good to reiterate it in a feature request thread.
  • Ability to post photos to forum posts.
    • Each device pretty much has their own dedicated photo thread, it would be nice to be able to share on there directly from the device. That is probably the biggest deterrent for me. Skydrive sync is a good work around, but those of us on small data plans can't really afford that, thus being able to selectively post to the forum when wifi becomes available I think is a good idea.
  • Pin specific forums/sections.
    • I think it would be nice to be able to pin specific sections or forums to the start screen, and use the live tile to tell the user how many new threads there are or replies. Threads would mainly apply to say, if I pinned the Lumia 900 forum to my Start Screen. Replies would be more like if I were to pinned that "Participated" section to my Start Screen so I know when a thread has been replied to.
  • Make the "lock portrait" available in the app bar.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't auto-start the pod cast when you click on the pod cast tile. I've done that by mistake a couple of times and had to restart the phone to get rid of the media player. Ideally, I'd like to see a summary of the current podcast and hit "play" if I want to listen to it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't auto-start the pod cast when you click on the pod cast tile. I've done that by mistake a couple of times and had to restart the phone to get rid of the media player. Ideally, I'd like to see a summary of the current podcast and hit "play" if I want to listen to it.

This. Wow. I know right!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Moderator functions. If I can moderate using that app it will be godly. On my phone, screen space is at a premium, the WPC app lets me focus on the content, so I can deal with abusive posts easier.

Ftruck90

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Functioning URL links in forum posts.
The ability to select and copy text from forum posts.
Return to top of page when moving to the next page of a forum. Currently as you read to the bottom of a page and go to the next page you start at the same point you were on the previous page ie. the bottom instead of the top. This can be a little annoying.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Allow people to sign in using Passport. For the forums here, I sign in using my Live.com account. Anyone else who does the same as me can't leave comments/forum posts in the app.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
When browsing the forums, say I'm looking at the Lumia 920 section (under Windows Phone devices) but then back out to check out the Lumia 800, when pressing back it goes to WPCentral community section instead. Is it possible to make it stay under the section I was originally viewing?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
When browsing the forums, say I'm looking at the Lumia 920 section (under Windows Phone devices) but then back out to check out the Lumia 800, when pressing back it goes to WPCentral community section instead. Is it possible to make it stay under the section I was originally viewing?

It stays for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99