Issue/Bug: Failed to fetch image

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Almost a whole year and you have yet to figure out the problem? Why not just let pictures be seen in the post

It wasn't as simple as just "let them appear!" The problem boiled down to the pictures in our forums requiring people to be signed in to view, a decision that's out of my hands. I used to be able to send the same tapatalk cookies I use for the rest of the forums to retrieve the image however that then suddenly stopped working for reasons I have never been able to understand.

The VERY good news is that my currently in-beta release of the app has fixed this issue, as we're switching over entirely to the mobile nations passport system, and that works for getting the images.

I'm hoping to finish off a couple more tweaks to the app this week then we'll be releasing this update very soon!

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140721_0001.jpgI have been playing with it, now the behaviour is different.
As soon as i open the app, i get an error message (attached).
Then I go into forums --> my account and the app crashes.
I have emailed the crash log. Let me know if you need any other info.
Can you describe what happens when you go to sign in?

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems I am unable to view images again. Error message tells me that it is unable to fetch image, but it can be fixed if I sign into my passport. When I tap to sign in, it goes to a new page which doesn't load and takes me right back to the error message. 😒

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ismachado, when you see that blank page could you try immediately tapping the "refresh" button at the bottom of the page? That forces the login process to start again. I'll be adding this step automatically in a future update

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Ismachado, when you see that blank page could you try immediately tapping the "refresh" button at the bottom of the page? That forces the login process to start again. I'll be adding this step automatically in a future update

I tried that, Jay. The page tries to open, but then immediately closes. Tried the refresh, page still immediately closes. On the third try, it kicked me out of the wpcentral app altogether. Same thing as the other day, and I ended up reinstalling the app, but no change. I am able to view some pictures, though. I don't know if this has any relevance, but I was viewing the "pictures and videos taken with your 930" thread, page 10, first first 2 posts with images. Neither will display.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos