Issue/Bug: Failed to fetch image

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
When trying to load an image from a forum thread or article, upon loading the image red text appears that says "Failed to fetch the image, click here to open in Internet Explorer". Also, could be related, it seems to take longer than normal to retrieve the images for articles on the main page of the app.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Initial triage: Potentially due to changes in the forum system, need to re-visit the custom image downloader and check if the cookie jar we send is still valid for retrieving images.

The second part is unrelated.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Update: I've not had time to fix this fully in 4.3.17 due in a few days, but I have moved the error down the screen so that it's easier to tap it and open the image in a browser as a fail safe

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Update: I've not had time to fix this fully in 4.3.17 due in a few days, but I have moved the error down the screen so that it's easier to tap it and open the image in a browser as a fail safe

Hi Jay, were you able to make any breakthrough in figuring out the root cause of this issue and maybe implementing a fix? Thanks!

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
unable to open image using Mobile App for WPCentral

When I try to open the image in a post using mobile app for WPCentral I get error of fetching the data.
I have reinstalled app a few times but no go.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I still have this problem. Latest version , Verizon HTC 8X running GDR3, but it was happening when I had GDR2. And I can't view on the mobile site because everytime I log in the site logs me out (this is only when I access through the app). Is a fix forthcoming?

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem currently on my L928. Is there something I can do to be able to fix it so I can see images through the app? It's frustrating getting that error message and not being able to see the pics.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Any word on when this will be fixed. Can't see images on the live tile or inside the forums. Black space on live tile and "failed to fetch image..." error in the forums.

Deleted app cache, soft reset, etc. Nothing works. :(

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Any word on when this will be fixed. Can't see images on the live tile or inside the forums. Black space on live tile and "failed to fetch image..." error in the forums.

Deleted app cache, soft reset, etc. Nothing works. :(

You're describing two different issues there. The forum image one is a pain (I spent another two hours on it yesterday to no avail) but I'm hoping to figure something out soon!

The other issues are unrelated and possibly due to poor network signal at the time you were using the app?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
You're describing two different issues there. The forum image one is a pain (I spent another two hours on it yesterday to no avail) but I'm hoping to figure something out soon!

The other issues are unrelated and possibly due to poor network signal at the time you were using the app?

Thanks for getting back with me about this! Yes, 2 separate issues. The second issue is that I can't see images inside the forum. I click on the word "images" and it says, " failed to fetch image..." I didn't know if these 2 issues were related since they both involve pictures. Glad to see you're working on the first issue. Thx so much! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion