Not so responsive in multipage thread

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am using NL920 with the latest update of os, firmware and WPCentral app.
I essentially use the app to read wp forums. When I am reading a thread with multiple pages, it is so difficult to swipe to the next or previous page.
I have never once be able to swipe once to go to another page. I have always had to swipe 3 if not more in order to go to next page.
Is this a bug? Or am I dosing something wrong? I only have this problem with this app. please help.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi, the app should be requiring you to swipe over a quarter of the pixel width of your screen before it responds to the gesture, but I'll look into this to make sure the code is doing what I think it's doing.

I should note that the way I've programmed it means it's not about inertia (the speed of your swipe) and more the distance, as otherwise the pages weren't reacting to slower swipes

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, the app should be requiring you to swipe over a quarter of the pixel width of your screen before it responds to the gesture, but I'll look into this to make sure the code is doing what I think it's doing.

I should note that the way I've programmed it means it's not about inertia (the speed of your swipe) and more the distance, as otherwise the pages weren't reacting to slower swipes

A quarter? I swear the app was reacting to swipes the width of my thumb.
Trust me, my fingers are smaller than 120 px.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The distance of course. Why haven't I thought of it. I tried all the stupid stuff like swipe it faster, slower or harder etc. Now I tried to swipe it longer like swipe across the screen diagonally and now it works every time. Thanks.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Glad that it's sorted, but I will take a look at tuning this with the upgrade I'm building this Sunday, see if I can improve it in some way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven