WPCentral App Error.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you using WiFi? I've gotten that error when I've used slow public WiFi networks. It doesn't happen when I use my home WiFi, but I have 25 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up at home.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you using WiFi? I've gotten that error when I've used slow public WiFi networks. It doesn't happen when I use my home WiFi, but I have 25 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up at home.
Not just Wi-Fi. This error corresponds to a network timeout which means you have a slow, inconsistent or unreliable connection.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
If it's the Wi-Fi that is causing the problem then it's strange, I've got about 4 devices connected to the same device (1MB Download) but it works fine for me. But the unusual thing is that after this error when I press Ok and Press the refresh button, it takes a sec to show the news and It happens so regulalry.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If it's the Wi-Fi that is causing the problem then it's strange, I've got about 4 devices connected to the same device (1MB Download) but it works fine for me. But the unusual thing is that after this error when I press Ok and Press the refresh button, it takes a sec to show the news and It happens so regulalry.
Try reinstalling the app. Or, screw around with the settings in the app. Perhaps, there are errant stories that are causing problems.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
That error only happens when for one reason or another the app can't reach the site. Possible reasons include:

- Site is down (unlikely)
- Network connection is poor
- Site was blocked by the network
- Network connection redirected you somewhere else (like a WiFi logon screen)

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
That error only happens when for one reason or another the app can't reach the site. Possible reasons include:

- Site is down (unlikely)
- Network connection is poor
- Site was blocked by the network
- Network connection redirected you somewhere else (like a WiFi logon screen)

but after this error, everytime, how does it refreshes immediately by pressing the refresh button?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre