WPC app eats up my battery

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The forums... 😊

Whenever I use it, my battery decreases drastically...

Yeah, not sure why but its always been like that for me as well, I started with the original Focus, then L900, L920 and now L1020, and the forums have always chewed up my battery, the main page seems fine but the forums tend to do that, so its not just your phone lol, if you or anyone else figure this out please share

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, not sure why but its always been like that for me as well, I started with the original Focus, then L900, L920 and now L1020, and the forums have always chewed up my battery, the main page seems fine but the forums tend to do that, so its not just your phone lol, if you or anyone else figure this out please share

Oh... I guess it's normal then... But I do hope that it will be fixed... Thank you! :angel:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
There's not a load I can do to fix it using the tapatalk API, I'll have to try and work out where the drain could be coming from, I have a feeling it would be the library I use for the XML-RPC calls (nice techno-babble for you to put into Bing there :D )

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
There's not a load I can do to fix it using the tapatalk API, I'll have to try and work out where the drain could be coming from, I have a feeling it would be the library I use for the XML-RPC calls (nice techno-babble for you to put into Bing there :D )

Jay, was surprised and pleased to see your post, you have done outstanding work on this app, anything you can do to improve this issue would be great, but i wouldn't stop using it because of this minor issue, I've used your app for the forums a couple of years, give or take a few months, its always increased battery consumption by a couple of percentage points, not a huge deal if one is just glancing and going, but it can drop the battery by 20% if you use the forums for half hour or so, not a complaint just an FYI if that helps, again, love the app, and thanks for all of your hard work!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss