So many different versions for MN apps (Android)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I own a WP, Surface Pro, an iPad, and an android phone. I'm glad all the current mobile nations sites are on the Google Play store. But I had some questions.

1. Why is there an app for articles+forums and one just forums? I mean, if the WPCentral app for Android has a forums option, why is there a separate app JUST for the forums?

2. There is a Mobile Nations Forums app on the Google Play store that works with ALL of our forums, so why would we use the WPCentral forums app and another network (imore, for example) forums app instead of the MN app?

I have more questions, but this is all I have right now. If you can answer these, that would be great. Thanks!

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Aug 18, 1999
Visit site
Agree that it is a bit confusing.

1) The forums apps (which are co-branded versions of Tapatalk) came first and still have a few more forum features (attachment uploads, moderation tools, push notifications) than our in-house developed apps (articles+forums). Once the forums section of our apps reaches feature parity, we will probably discontinue the forums apps (depending on user feedback).

2) Discoverability. Casual users are more likely to search for "WPcentral" or "iMore" than "Mobile Nations". The "Mobile Nations" app is there for hard core forum users.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Agree that it is a bit confusing.

1) The forums apps (which are co-branded versions of Tapatalk) came first and still have a few more forum features (attachment uploads, moderation tools, push notifications) than our in-house developed apps (articles+forums). Once the forums section of our apps reaches feature parity, we will probably discontinue the forums apps (depending on user feedback).

2) Discoverability. Casual users are more likely to search for "WPcentral" or "iMore" than "Mobile Nations". The "Mobile Nations" app is there for hard core forum users.

Woah, the CEO of Mobile Nations replied to me! :D

And thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it.

Sent NOT from my iPad using Tapatalk

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Additionally, we're always looking to make things better for our teams and our members. I polled some of our hardcore users yesterday to see what features of the Tapatalk apps they'd LOVE to see in our 'official' apps. Got some great feedback, so we'll be looking to improve all of the apps that we build in-house.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys going to make a separate wpcentral app for android support forum here so we can post issues? Or should we post those somewhere else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb