I've been using the app since 3-4 months when i bought my phone, but made an account just 3 days ago, and opened forums for the first time on my phone.
    Well till that moment, this was one of the most fluid and nicest apps i've seen, but since i've started using forums....
    The forums section AS A WHOLE is TOO DAMN SLOW !!!
    a) It hangs a huge number of times
    b) doesn't let me type properly (this is the ONLY place where i've seen the windows phone keyboard lag) so typing a post is a HUGE PAIN !!
    c) doesn't let me change pages of threads, have to swipe left 10-15 times sometimes to change the page
    d) crashes often
    e) it is the ONLY app which ACTUALLY MADE THE 128kbps music playing in the background LAG, and continuously... Ever heard music pausing for a second every 2-3 seconds ? :-P
    f) opening a forum post takes much longer than downloading some 50kb data with member's info should take, with no images even.

Let me make it clear, i have minimal apps in the background, no music was playing (i played music only once using forums and couldn't bear it with the lag), and my phone is super fluid otherwise... It's 520 on gdr3+black in india. Jay Bennet please test the forums on a 520 and get it faster, it's UNBEARABLE !!!
    A WPCentral fan.
    02-22-2014 09:32 AM
    Are you using WiFi or mobile network data?
    02-23-2014 01:37 AM
    I'm on WiFi. But even if the loading is 'normal' sometimes (the loading seems A LITTLE better today), but the typing portion is a big big BIG annoyance, super duper slow ! Means that i often have typed 1-2 words more by the time the previous word gets displayed above, and doing corrections is super annoying too, because the cursor moves at 1-2 fps :-P
    02-23-2014 02:20 AM
    I'm on WiFi. But even if the loading is 'normal' sometimes (the loading seems A LITTLE better today), but the typing portion is a big big BIG annoyance, super duper slow ! Means that i often have typed 1-2 words more by the time the previous word gets displayed above, and doing corrections is super annoying too, because the cursor moves at 1-2 fps :-P
    Is it only the WPCentral app that is behaving this way, or do you have issues with typing when you use other apps?
    02-23-2014 02:30 AM
    I have the same problems. I have already created a thread on it. Lumia520 India on 3G.
    And yes its just the forums part of the WPC app. And only the wpc app.
    Saksham Sharma likes this.
    02-23-2014 02:48 AM
    No issues at all anywhere ! Windows phone forever, its so fast whatever i do ! Just in forums typing is super slow, and it even makes my music lag if i play it in the background ! The other person is saying 3g, I'm testifying the problem for WiFi. And just the forums part, everywhere in forums.
    02-23-2014 03:06 AM
    Is it only the WPCentral app that is behaving this way, or do you have issues with typing when you use other apps?
    I'm positive that it is a problem with the app (Or its optimisation), not my phone, have restarted it millions of times since i've started using forums, and everytime slow...
    02-23-2014 03:07 AM
    Ive tried it. Restarted app/phone many times.
    Also, have you noticed that since black, memory optimisation is required. I mean, apps crash more or is it just me?
    Another, if the keyboard is open, and i so not type anything for a few moments, its right edge, where backspace is, doesn't work. I need to randomly tap a few times on the middle part of the keyboard and then it starts working. This happens in every app when keyboard is open and unused for a few secs.
    02-23-2014 03:36 AM
    Well, that seems to be a specific issue with your handset, my keyboard has never given me any problem (except here in forums :-P) and i love love love it ! Besides, i haven't experienced any optimisation problems either :-P. Infact i haven't experienced any problems with black ! I'm quite happy with it...
    But I'm not happy with the forums section here :-P (coming back to the topic :)))
    02-23-2014 03:57 AM
    Btw, for your info, i tried that keyboard thing right now 2-3 times, waited for 10-15 seconds, no problem noticed :-P. Maybe it'd go away when you reset your phone some time, maybe months later :)).
    02-23-2014 03:58 AM
    I used to face this problem on my old 520. Not happening on my 1520. Same connection.
    02-23-2014 04:01 AM
    Quite an upgrade buddy ! Well WPC, it does seem your app isnt meant to be used properly on the most selling windows phone, so please take timely notice ! I've sent the number of forum posts to load to minimum too, still it is very very slow. Could someone please convey it to jay bennet that this app needs some optimisation ?
    02-23-2014 04:01 AM
    I haven't experienced this using my low memory devices with the forums but I'll take a look and see if I can lock down where the performance problems are
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    02-28-2014 02:07 AM
    I haven't experienced this using my low memory devices with the forums but I'll take a look and see if I can lock down where the performance problems are
    there's also a problem of the typing area not going above the keyboard on clicking 'edit' sometimes...
    Thanks for checking !
    oh and please could you allow scrolling from mouse in your w8.1 app ? I don't have a touchscreen laptop ! (it might not have got noticed there if i had said)
    02-28-2014 03:34 AM
    oh and please could you allow scrolling from mouse in your w8.1 app ? I don't have a touchscreen laptop ! (it might not have got noticed there if i had said)
    I don't have one either and it scrolls perfectly fine...
    02-28-2014 12:33 PM
    Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I type a reply (usually when quoting), when I press the keys, the letters show like 3 seconds later. Very laggy. I hope this can be fixed!
    03-01-2014 11:20 PM
    Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I type a reply (usually when quoting), when I press the keys, the letters show like 3 seconds later. Very laggy. I hope this can be fixed!
    same here, though it happesns when doing a quick reply too. P.s. Steve jobs ? :P Get nadella there
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    03-02-2014 03:41 AM