WPcentral App problem on 1520

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I can no longer see images attached to forum posts, I have no idea what it could be, it says failure to fetch image with an internet explorer logo. I'm definitely signed in. Anyone see this issue?
I'm trying to look on the 1520 home screen thread for ideas to rearrange mine, I'd like to be able to see pics in the app, as the webpage takes forever to go thru each image.

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Grrr. WPCentral App should be optimized for WP's! Everything else about this app is great, but this is frustrating.
I'm obviously signed in, I just re-signed in and I'm posting from the app right now. The IE logo error page suggests I may not be logged in but I am.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Occasionally, I am able to view a picture, but 99% of the time (these days), I get the same error message you mentioned. I used to be able to view all the pictures posted, and suddenly, several months ago, I started receiving the error message. You might want to look up my post. "Unable to view images in WP Central app".

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you all checked the forum for the WP app? This forum won't be of much use beyond hearing from others who're experiencing the problem.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm new, I was unaware there was one.
On a completely unrelated note, I'm off to another sub forum.
Def not WP app one though, lol.
Ok fine, it is where I am going!
No offense was intended. I apologize if I seemed rude. Since I was on my own phone, I couldn't share the direct link to the forum. I mentioned it because, if it's affecting 2 users, it could be affecting more and that forum is the best place to take that.

Best of luck to you!

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
None taken! Just a little sarcastical wit and apologies if you thought I took offense. Anyway, hopefully a fix will be had, if 2 ppl on this forum post about having this issue, there is probably a couple more also.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Evidently, there have been a couple of threads on this issue. In July 2013, someone posted that "Jay is aware of the issue and is working on a fix", so hopefully there will be one soon. We appreciate all your hard work making WPCentral great, Jay. This app is awesome, and I spend way too much time here!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't see images in posts on the app. Also Tapatalk API error shows up about every 10 minutes. I have reported the error as well but no update yet to fix the bugs or improve the app:-(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't see images in posts on the app. Also Tapatalk API error shows up about every 10 minutes. I have reported the error as well but no update yet to fix the bugs or improve the app:-(
I sometimes can see the images using the app. Inability to see images is intermittent for me.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same Tapatalk issue, might be a server issue, not an app one? Just started today.

Do you also have the Tapatalk app? I do, and I haven't had issues with Tapatalk. I use the Tapatalk app for the other Mobile Nations forums, and I use it here if I want to attach a picture when I'm on the go.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Jay knows about this issue, trust me. But it is unbelievably difficult to fix, I've tried about 8 different ideas so far. I'll have another crack at it next time I do some work on the Windows Phone app

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem too, when I tap on the show in browser option, or takes me to the site and asks me to login. But after doing so, it goes to the index page, where I have to select the forum again, and the images still did not show up, even on the website. It asks me to login again and again....... Stuck in an endless Loop :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786