Windows Phone wpcentral app

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Need to know if it's happening with everyone or just me.
I have to sign in constantly in the app because mysteriously it sign out.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's happening constantly, but I have had to log in a couple of times even when I never logged out, which never happened before the 8.1 update. Not sure if it was the 8.1 update that has caused it or the recent update to the app, though.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Same happens to me, three four time. Also notification do not work as it should but I am assume that this issue is related for WP 8.1 Preview.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It was happening yesterday but had stopped happening since this morning

Edit: No issues today so i guess it's fixed for me

Last edited:

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Happens every now and again. Also sometime the flip live tile will not render correctly and you'll have to reopen the app. Wait for it to load and then close it yo correct it

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm aware that this occasionally can happen I'll try and elaborate what happens below, unfortunately I do not have a fix at this time:

When you sign in to comment, a token is stored locally so that we know who you are. Sort of like a session cookie in the world of web pages.
This token is stored in the same place as all your other app settings, the IsolatedStorage for the application. It's a sandboxed area of your onboard memory (or SD card) that the app is allowed access to by the operating system.
Everything that the app caches locally goes to that location, and when the app is finished modifying the location it makes sure to save everything immediately so that nothing should ever be lost.

However, for some people (and it does appear to be less than 5% of our userbase) that IsolatedStorage area is inexplicably wiped out for a reason I do not understand. Either the operating system is clearing it so it's out of my control, or something being written to that area fails in such a catastrophic way that the whole area is lost.

It's incredibly hard for me to test because I can't replicate the problem, it has only happened to me a long time ago on my old Nokia Lumia 800, once. Every device I now have to test with does not have the issue.

It may be that the problem has been solved with the new Windows RT style codebase in Windows Phone 8.1 (not to be confused with Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1) so when we eventually move to that platform hopefully this problem will disappear.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Lumia 822 on WP 8.0 and have experienced the need to sign in (only once) recently. A more constant problem is the dead live tile. I keep wondering when the headline "Xbox Originals coming in June" will change to something more current. There aren't any numbers indicating the number of new stories either. Let me know if there is App information I could send that would clarify the issue.

The live tiles are WP most noticeable feature, out in the wild. We need to keep them lively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism