Your iconic tile is no longer pinned to start

GenevaBrown

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My Windows Phone Central app is accessed through my 'News' App Folder, which IS pinned to the start screen.

So please stop prompting me to pin the app itself to the start screen. I prefer to keep it with my other news apps, in a folder.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

Are you saying that if you do not pin the WPCentral app tile to your start screen you are constantly getting "nagged" by prompts asking you to pin the tile?

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you remove the tile it prompts you to add it back to start screen every time you open the app. Very annoying.... I eventually had to repin the app. Unless there's a setting to turn it off somewhere that I'm missing.....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How about tapping on "send feedback" and suggesting removal of the prompt to pin the tile?
uveve6yt.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

GenevaBrown

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
To clarify a little......
I have all my news apps in an App Folder, on the start screen. When you add an app to a folder, you are not given the option of choosing which kind of tile to use.

Whenever I open my news app folder and tap the WPcentral tile, I get prompted to pin the WPcentral tile to the start screen, but I already have it on the start screen, but inside an App Folder.

I posted here to see if other users had the same problem, and to see if anyone had a solution.

I think the simplest solution would be a "Don't show this prompt again" tick box.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To clarify a little......
I have all my news apps in an App Folder, on the start screen. When you add an app to a folder, you are not given the option of choosing which kind of tile to use.

Whenever I open my news app folder and tap the WPcentral tile, I get prompted to pin the WPcentral tile to the start screen, but I already have it on the start screen, but inside an App Folder.

I posted here to see if other users had the same problem, and to see if anyone had a solution.

I think the simplest solution would be a "Don't show this prompt again" tick box.

Have you used the "send feedback" feature that I mentioned to request "Don't show this prompt again"?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I'll need to look at the iconic implementation again as Nokia app folders might be working in a strange way. That prompt is there to make sure people don't lose the iconic tile if they have it enabled. If you want to ensure the prompt doesn't appear you'll need to go to the app settings and customise the live tile to use the flip style

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss