My Windows Phone Central app is accessed through my 'News' App Folder, which IS pinned to the start screen.

So please stop prompting me to pin the app itself to the start screen. I prefer to keep it with my other news apps, in a folder.
    04-22-2014 03:31 PM
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

Are you saying that if you do not pin the WPCentral app tile to your start screen you are constantly getting "nagged" by prompts asking you to pin the tile?
    04-22-2014 04:08 PM
    Yes, if you remove the tile it prompts you to add it back to start screen every time you open the app. Very annoying.... I eventually had to repin the app. Unless there's a setting to turn it off somewhere that I'm missing.....
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-22-2014 04:50 PM
    Don't use the iconic live tile. Use the other one.

Edit: The WPCentral Flip Tile.
    Last edited by JaiMento; 04-22-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    04-22-2014 04:55 PM
    How about tapping on "send feedback" and suggesting removal of the prompt to pin the tile?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2014 05:01 PM
    To clarify a little......
    I have all my news apps in an App Folder, on the start screen. When you add an app to a folder, you are not given the option of choosing which kind of tile to use.

Whenever I open my news app folder and tap the WPcentral tile, I get prompted to pin the WPcentral tile to the start screen, but I already have it on the start screen, but inside an App Folder.

I posted here to see if other users had the same problem, and to see if anyone had a solution.

I think the simplest solution would be a "Don't show this prompt again" tick box.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-23-2014 12:54 AM
    To clarify a little......
    I have all my news apps in an App Folder, on the start screen. When you add an app to a folder, you are not given the option of choosing which kind of tile to use.

Whenever I open my news app folder and tap the WPcentral tile, I get prompted to pin the WPcentral tile to the start screen, but I already have it on the start screen, but inside an App Folder.

I posted here to see if other users had the same problem, and to see if anyone had a solution.

I think the simplest solution would be a "Don't show this prompt again" tick box.
    Have you used the "send feedback" feature that I mentioned to request "Don't show this prompt again"?
    04-23-2014 12:57 AM
    Hey guys I'll need to look at the iconic implementation again as Nokia app folders might be working in a strange way. That prompt is there to make sure people don't lose the iconic tile if they have it enabled. If you want to ensure the prompt doesn't appear you'll need to go to the app settings and customise the live tile to use the flip style
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-23-2014 02:11 AM