WPCentral live tile flaw

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
from the notification center, if you swipe to the right to clear the WPCentral notifications, the live tile count doesn't clear. It does for other apps like emails and text messages. Is this a bug?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Which live tile are you using? The normal one or the other one? (I mean, the one where the WPC logo is smaller and center, or full, like the site's logo.)

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Just uninstalled and reinstalled app and still same issue. Also, sometimes when you open the app to look at the posts, and the exit the app, the live tile doesn't clear the counts either.

I recall some developer work during April after 8.1 dev preview launched and the app was updated to fix some tile problems. Looks like more work is needed.

By the way, even I you let I sit for a while, the counts still don't clear so not a lag issue.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Bump...

There are a lot of flaws with the live tile...does not work with correctly like the native live tiles do. Seemed ok before 8.1. Can you guys take a look??? Needs an update!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Third party apps (i.e. not system apps) cannot clear the live tile notification number when notifications are swiped away as far as I know. The only way this may work is if you use the plain live tile count option in our app (i.e. the basic one provided by Microsoft)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss