Windows Phone Central App error messsge

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
When I use the WPCentral app to access the forums, when I try to open a thread I get this :

Error getting this thread : The response from the Tapatalk API was not valid, please retry your action.

I'm using Lumia 1320 running WP8.1 with Cyan firmware. I don't use Tapatalk and haven't installed it on my phone either.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Error getting this thread, Tapatalk API was not valid

I'm getting the same problem as well on a Lumia 1520 and like yourself have never installed tapatalk.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I believe the WPCentral app uses the APIs from Tapatalk. Perhaps Tapatalk changed their APIs.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Confirmed. I cannot use the WPCentral app either, but I can use Tapatalk.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Count me in as well... keep getting logged out, error messages popping up with every touch & then the app ultimately crashes...

wp_ss_20140909_0001[1].png

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Yup. And I thought I was the only one.

zybebuhe.png

RobbieCRO

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Forum API should be updated after every tapatalk update,also take care to have latest update for tapatalk on your phones to be able to use it properly.
Sent using my Lumia 630

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Forum API should be updated after every tapatalk update,also take care to have latest update for tapatalk on your phones to be able to use it properly.
Sent using my Lumia 630

We're talking about the WPCentral app being updated (obviously with the new Taptalk update) to access the forums. Most users of this app don't use the Taptalk app itself.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

We're talking about the WPCentral app being updated (obviously with the new Taptalk update) to access the forums. Most users of this app don't use the Taptalk app itself.

The Tapatalk app itself works fine. I posted earlier using the Tapatalk app.

RobbieCRO

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I noticed that,but anyway Tapatalk API have to be updated to be able to use app.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I was wondering why the WPCentral app has to be dependent on Tapatalk API's to function properly. Why is there a dependency ? Hence every time Tapatalk makes changes it would start affecting the WPCentral app.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Same here, posted the above with the Taptalk app just to see. I'm posting via mobile site now lol

I use the Tapatalk app frequently, since it has Moderator tools that are not present in the WPCentral app.

Airlid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

I have the same error, (taptalk api) it started earlier this afternoon. While trying to fix it I logged myself out of the Wpcentral app on my phone and now I can't log back in. I've had my lumia Icon just long enough to really get addicted to the forums. PLEASE fix as soon as possible! I'm anxiously waiting news of the release of Cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo