WC app on Android forum and comment issues

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't post comments to posts to WC from the Android app. It throws a bad NID error.

I tried logging out and logging back in, but now I can't login at all. It just shows an OK message with no input boxes.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC app on Android forum and comment issued

I don't use WCentral's Android app, but sometimes I have trouble with WCentral not populating in Tapatalk (Android). I don't believe it's a Tapatalk problem because the other forums work fine. Maybe the issues are related?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

@Bacchus1976 @tgp - try uninstalling/reinstalling the app... or check your updates to see if an update is pending. I pushed out an update recently and all tests I've done have the app working perfectly.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

@Bacchus1976 @tgp - try uninstalling/reinstalling the app... or check your updates to see if an update is pending. I pushed out an update recently and all tests I've done have the app working perfectly.

I'm on version 1.6. I reinstalled and have the same issue. When I click forum in the app drawer I get a connection error.

When I open a story and open comments and try and reply it prompts me to log in, when I click log in or just spins saying loading and never shows a login form. From there the back button stops working and I have to kill the app.

My version still says Windows Phone Central and was last updated on 8/4. Old?

I notice a new app in the play store for the forums, not sure why that's a separate app. Is it required?

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Just looked in the play store and there are several reviews stating a similar bug. Looks like something broke when the comments system changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes