Duplicate notifications from Windows Central App

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing multiple notifications for the same article with the Windows Central app on WP8.1? I am on AT&T, using a Lumia 1020 on the developer preview, and for the past 3 months or so, I have been getting 2, 3, and sometimes 4 notifications for the same article.

At first I thought it'd be fixed by an update but I have not heard of anyone else experiencing this. After looking online, I completely uninstalled the app, restarted phone, and tried reinstalling, and it seemed to help for a while, but I am still having the issue.

Any suggestions? This is the only app generating multiple notifications.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
How about turning off the notifications for the app for a few days? I haven't seen anyone, but you report this issue :/

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I suppose I could. I've tried turning them off/on (restarting phone inbetween) and it seems to help for a short time, but then the notifications start going off like crazy again. Weird thing is it's not all the time.

When I get 3 or 4 though it is quite frustrating because if my phone is not on vibrate the windows central sound is just repeating while my wrist is vibrating over and over from my band.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok I hope this will get the attention from the WC crew.. Open the WC app, swipe right, open "Help&About", turn on the "information gathering" option and let it run afterwards add some details and sent it in :)

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I own a Lumia 1020 and I also get duplicate notifications sometimes if I don't open the app to clear the number counter on the live tile. It can be an issue sometimes, but nothing major. If the notification sound annoys you, you can either disable the sound, or change the sound in "Notification + Actions" settings. I personally find the Windows Central app's notification sound a bit too loud and obtrusive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon