I have noticed that the network error bug wasn't only mine, a lot of users are posting the same...now I cant log in....always shows a network error while connecting to windows central forums
    Bug reports log files are collected by the app , dont know wether the windows central app developer team is reading this...
    This is my second post...with no solution to the effect....!
    I would request the moderators of this forum to kindly look into the matter and provide us a solution.
    Thank you
    03-16-2015 08:28 AM
    I'm sorry you and other members are experiencing bugs with the app. I've reached out to our staff to try to get it fixed.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    03-16-2015 12:05 PM
    I'm sorry you and other members are experiencing bugs with the app. I've reached out to our staff to try to get it fixed.
    that was indeed helpful
    Hope to see a update with bug fixes soon......thanks a lot Laura !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2015 12:49 PM
    @Kaushik - could you explain in detail the errors you are experiencing, and the steps you take to generate the error(s)? We need to be able to show our devs how to reproduce the error before we can fix.

Thanks in advance!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    03-16-2015 01:48 PM
    @Kaushik - could you explain in detail the errors you are experiencing, and the steps you take to generate the error(s)? We need to be able to show our devs how to reproduce the error before we can fix.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for reaching out to us, Bug reports were mailed to windows central app email as automatically bug reports are collected by the app itself if it faces an error
    I am using the paid version of the Windows Central app, and also the current n updated version.
    My phone details : Lumia 625 Indian CV running the Denim update and on developers preview for phone!which

Here is a screenshot which shows the network error and forces the app to close after which when there app is opened it collects the bug report

This is all I have to show, should you people need anymore info..please contact me through this post .

Thanks a lot 😉
    Last edited by Kaushik Banerjee; 03-16-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2015 02:47 PM
    A detailed info for the bug report that was mailed by me!
    User Comments:
    <Add any extra detail you'd like to here, or you can hit send now, the technical information below will help>

=Parameter Dictionary=
    version : 4.6.1.1023
    trial : False
    deviceInfo : NOKIA RM-941_im_india_204

=Auto Generated Technical Detail=

16/03/2015 06:12:44 PM - CRITICAL
    Message: String reference not set to an instance of a String.
    Parameter name: s
    StackTrace:
    at System.Text.Encoding.GetBytes(String s)
    at WPCentral.Forums.Page.AccountPage.getRecent()
    at WPCentral.Forums.Page.AccountPage.AccountPage_loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
    at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)
    --------------------------

Bug reporting provided by the WPClogger

Sent from Microsoft Lumia 625
    Laura Knotek and gpobernardo like this.
    03-16-2015 02:54 PM
    Another bug ;

Different languages in participated and recent subforum: Here is a screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20150317_0001.png   wp_ss_20150317_0004.png  
    03-17-2015 01:05 AM
    Another bug ;
    Different languages in participated and recent subforum: Here is a screenshot.
    Those were spam posts that have been deleted... So, those are not an issue with the app :)
    03-17-2015 01:08 AM
    Those were spam posts that have been deleted... So, those are not an issue with the app :)
    Yes, the spam is now cleansed.
    03-17-2015 01:12 AM
    Yea..maybe spam posts but it shoudnt appear like this all of a sudden...in the recent screen there should definately be a way to not let those appear in the screen!
    03-17-2015 01:16 AM
    Yes, the spam is now cleansed.
    Great👍
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2015 01:16 AM
    Yea..maybe spam posts but it shoudnt appear like this all of a sudden...in the recent screen there should definately be a way to not let those appear in the screen!
    Unfortunately, that's the same as if you were viewing the forums in a browser (either mobile or desktop). You'll still see new spam in new posts if it hasn't yet been cleansed.
    Kaushik Banerjee likes this.
    03-17-2015 01:18 AM
    Unfortunately, that's the same as if you were viewing the forums in a browser (either mobile or desktop). You'll still see new spam in new posts if it hasn't yet been cleansed.
    Ok I get it...now! Actually never seen it so didn't have any idea about it...
    Btw in the previous posts in this particular thread our Community Manager requested me to post the screenshots of the bug and error, I have posted it...will be using tapatalk to access the forum until it gets fixed! By the way i like the windows Central forums more than tapatalk as it loads up quite faster and has a friendly UI than tapatalk... I only use tapatalk in case of attachments and a backup when the windows central app crashes!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2015 01:24 AM
    Ok I get it...now! Actually never seen it so didn't have any idea about it...
    Btw in the previous posts in this particular thread our Community Manager requested me to post the screenshots of the bug and error, I have posted it...will be using tapatalk to access the forum until it gets fixed! By the way i like the windows Central forums more than tapatalk as it loads up quite faster and has a friendly UI than tapatalk... I only use tapatalk in case of attachments and a backup when the windows central app crashes!
    Tapatalk has a feature that allows one to report spam, but the official WindowsCentral app does not. If you see spam when you're using Tapatalk, please report it, so the Mods may cleanse it.
    03-17-2015 01:35 AM
    Tapatalk has a feature that allows one to report spam, but the official WindowsCentral app does not. If you see spam when you're using Tapatalk, please report it, so the Mods may cleanse it.
    Yea saw the report post button! Ok wont forget to do that next time if I see a spam! 👍
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2015 01:39 AM
    Another commonly faced bug when trying to fetch images from links made in posts
    Here is the screenshot
    03-17-2015 03:10 AM
    If you changed your region. You have to log in again
    03-17-2015 03:28 AM
    If you changed your region. You have to log in again
    I didn't change my region. Its the same region (India) and same language( English India) that I use when I logged in before
    03-17-2015 03:36 AM
    I had a same problem.. Better install again
    03-17-2015 04:51 AM
    I had a same problem.. Better install again
    Uninstalled and installed it several times , sometimes there are no problems and sometimes there are problems whatever may be the bug,
    I will wait for a fix....
    03-17-2015 05:37 AM
    I received the same error message yesterday at around 9pm EST US. It did not boot me from the app but Particiated forums did not appear and neither did username at the top of the screen. The error stopped occurring with no intervention except closing the phone app opening it back up later in the evening; I didn't log out, clear caches, unpin tiles or reinstall WC.
    03-17-2015 05:57 AM
    Tried uninstall/install. The app crashes when I try to log in and it says there s an error connecting to password services.
    03-17-2015 06:03 AM
    I received the same error message yesterday at around 9pm EST US. It did not boot me from the app but Particiated forums did not appear and neither did username at the top of the screen. The error stopped occurring with no intervention except closing the phone app opening it back up later in the evening; I didn't log out, clear caches, unpin tiles or reinstall WC.
    Tried uninstall/install. The app crashes when I try to log in and it says there s an error connecting to password services.
    Our moderators have contacted the Windows Central developers team and they will address this issue soon.
    You people can use the tapatalk client for the time being.!
    03-17-2015 06:16 AM
    I'm having this issue whenever I put app in the background.
    03-17-2015 06:21 AM