W10TP sign in?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
downloaded W10TP 10136 on my lumia 635 and am unable to sign in to Windows Central app. when I tap "sign in" I get flipped back to my app list. when I reopen the app I see...oops...an unhandled exception occurred in windows central last time it was running.....I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times without success. any ideas? I am currently downloading W10TP 10136 on my 930 and don't want the same issue. thanks!
btw...did send the feedback mail each time I got the error message.
Edit... does the same thing on my 930 with the 10136 build

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you restart the phone?

I found that helped when I was setting up my new (I mean used) toy. (it's on 8.1, but same issue)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Another posting here suggest that the 136 version gets better after a few hours. Someone mentioned that it could be slow and balky due to background processes going on but not advised while happening. Interested to know how things are with your 635 after a few hours.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been going on my 10136 for 24 hours now after a hard reset after the install. Fresh install, no restore from backup.

I still cannot log in on the WP Central app. It kicks me out to the start screen. I can browse, I cannot log in.

No, OP, you are not the only one.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
@James Falconer...is there a fix for this? Have emailed and sent numerous error reports back. Can only participate in windows central with my laptop since my 930 won't let me sign in while on 10136 build.

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, we are not responsible for "fixing" an app on a beta OS that has numerous broken elements in it at this point. It would be a waste of time to even attempt to fix it since the next OS build will likely either fix the issue or break it further - we just do not know.

This is the price you pay for being a beta tester of an OS and you will either have to rollback to 8.1 or live with the issue. I realize that is not the answer you want to hear but if you talk to any developer, none are fixing their apps for each beta build of this operating system.

Now, if this continues with each release then obviously something will be done. But at this time, this thread represents the bulk of complaints we have had on this problem.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, we are not responsible for "fixing" an app on a beta OS that has numerous broken elements in it at this point. It would be a waste of time to even attempt to fix it since the next OS build will likely either fix the issue or break it further - we just do not know.

This is the price you pay for being a beta tester of an OS and you will either have to rollback to 8.1 or live with the issue. I realize that is not the answer you want to hear but if you talk to any developer, none are fixing their apps for each beta build of this operating system.

Now, if this continues with each release then obviously something will be done. But at this time, this thread represents the bulk of complaints we have had on this problem.

Thanks for responding. Not trying to be a *****. Just miss participating from my phone. I am completely aware of what I took on by installing a beta.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for responding. Not trying to be a *****. Just miss participating from my phone. I am completely aware of what I took on by installing a beta.

I understand that is can be frustrating. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon or be fixed in the next build. Hoping to have more info on an app update soon.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I understand that is can be frustrating. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon or be fixed in the next build. Hoping to have more info on an app update soon.
Good to know. You never know if there is a fix for something unless you ask. Thanks for the clarification. BTW...10136 on my 930 is working quite nicely. Enjoying it.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Someone in another thread pointed out that the Windows Central app relied on Internet Explorer to handle the login, and that Internet Explorer has been removed from 10136. They stated that is the reason for the failure to log in on this and several other apps that rely on the same API to log in through IE.

I'm not saying fix it. I understand the stance. I wouldn't fix it until W10 was final, personally, however if this user is correct concerning why it is failing, then the next build won't fix the issue.

Best way to handle it is to put out a W10 universal app once Windows 10 is RTM, using Edge to handle the login... IF that is really the issue.

Personally, I don't use the app to access the site. Had to download it to test it for this thread so I could confirm or deny the issue... because it's easier to report properly if we can determine more information about it. I prefer my laptop to surf the net, because I need a larger than 15" screen for comfortable surfing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99